Looking for new clippers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smalltowngirl88

Reaction score
I am looking for a new set of clippers and wondering what the best brand, style, etc. I am going from a corporate owned salon to a booth rent salon and I'm in need for new clippers. I used Wahl's at the salon, my personal set are Andis, and during school I used CHI. And I absolutely hated the CHI ones. Thanks in advance! :)

I love the Wahl proclip ones they're fab!!

I love the new Wahl Taper Cordless, there are great!x

I was fortunate enough to work in a old school barber shop & get trained by the old boys, All of preferred,Andis,Whal or Oster.....new brands would be tried but never stood up to the 3 tried & true!...I don't recommend anything cordless ever, its lacking in power & is only good for "stylists" whom do a "fade",poorly with scissor over comb & just use it for edging/neck lines.

My personal faves are: Andis master(pic) its all metal which I like but more pricey, Whal 5 star or senior. Both are good for freehand,clipper over comb & guide cutting & replacement blades are easy to find. I have cut 20-30 heads /day for about 6 years full time & not had a problem with these clippers so long as you keep them oiled good!

Attachments

• andis.jpg
    andis.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 116
I was fortunate enough to work in a old school barber shop & get trained by the old boys, All of preferred,Andis,Whal or Oster.....new brands would be tried but never stood up to the 3 tried & true!...I don't recommend anything cordless ever, its lacking in power & is only good for "stylists" whom do a "fade",poorly with scissor over comb & just use it for edging/neck lines.

My personal faves are: Andis master(pic) its all metal which I like but more pricey, Whal 5 star or senior. Both are good for freehand,clipper over comb & guide cutting & replacement blades are easy to find. I have cut 20-30 heads /day for about 6 years full time & not had a problem with these clippers so long as you keep them oiled good!

Thank you for your very rude opinion. The Wahl ones I purchased last week are exactly the same as the corded pair I had previously. I use them for fades, not just edging and neck lines.

I swear by my wahl seniors and super cordless clippers.

Yeah Andis are really good clippers very expensive. I do prefer cordless clippers as sometimes the cable can get in the way.

Latest posts

Back