Looking for new spray tan to use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freckles beauty

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently using Sienna X but finding it quite expensive and customers wanting cheaper options. Can you recommend a similar but cheaper solution? Also I have the Sienna X machine would it be ok to use still with a different brand. Thank you in advance

La tan and suntana x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've recently moved from Sienna X to Nouvatan - very happy!

Love Nouvatan and their retail is very good too.

Suntana all the way! You won't be disappointed :)

One of our best selling most competitive priced solutions are Brown Bitz and Tandare. You can read feedback regarding these solutions on salon geek.

There are a good few brands out there and everyone has their own preference, search the internet and get a few samples sent and see what best works for you.

Good Luck

happy Tanning

Can't rate Fresh Indulgence highly enough... And it's packed full of good things for your skin too x

I started with LA TAN but it's a thinner product that's more difficult to use as a newbie. I switched quite early in to suntana. The stuff is virtually idiot proof and I've never had a bad application with it. It doesn't speckle, streak or run (although I set my gun pretty low these days), I never ever have to apply 2 coats, the colour is amazing and I rarely ever use anything over a medium and my clients love the smell x

The largest price differentiation for a service isn't the cost of product but rather your time. The cheapest solution compared to the most expensive may save you only £1-£2 per application so reducing your price by anything greater than that savings without reducing your time is a false economy as the only thing cheaper would be you!

Everyone is different and clients all have different needs. However I would rather spend the extra quid on a quality product that will look great and fade off evenly rather than have my best advertisements walking around with a patchy, fugly end result just to shave a little off cost per service. Put another way... if you spent the extra £1 in a better quality product and it yielded you one more client because someone saw and loved the result... that is worth far more to you as a professional!

That doesn't mean that more expensive is better. It is just to give perspective to your thought process.

There are a lot of really great formulations out there to try with a wide variety of price ranges, but would strongly suggest you sample them first to find the one that performs for you and your clients FIRST, price second! We do MoroccanTan and are having great success with it because of its approach to formulation, but it is a premium brand designed for performance first. Feel free to drop me a conversation (PM) if interested in giving it a whirl.

Best of luck to you!

The largest price differentiation for a service isn't the cost of product but rather your time. The cheapest solution compared to the most expensive may save you only £1-£2 per application so reducing your price by anything greater than that savings without reducing your time is a false economy as the only thing cheaper would be you!

Everyone is different and clients all have different needs. However I would rather spend the extra quid on a quality product that will look great and fade off evenly rather than have my best advertisements walking around with a patchy, fugly end result just to shave a little off cost per service. Put another way... if you spent the extra £1 in a better quality product and it yielded you one more client because someone saw and loved the result... that is worth far more to you as a professional!

That doesn't mean that more expensive is better. It is just to give perspective to your thought process.

There are a lot of really great formulations out there to try with a wide variety of price ranges, but would strongly suggest you sample them first to find the one that performs for you and your clients FIRST, price second! We do MoroccanTan and are having great success with it because of its approach to formulation, but it is a premium brand designed for performance first. Feel free to drop me a conversation (PM) if interested in giving it a whirl.

Best of luck to you!

Completely agree with all of the above.....
It's your TIME & EXPERTISE that makes up most of the cost of the treatment......DO NOT let the client tell you what 'cheap' product's you should use, they will expect to pay you, next to nothing for your skill! :(
.We are entitled to take a profit from the service.......it is, after all, our job, not a hobby!

I do agree with what's been said about your time and expertise.

I use Baby B Browne tan. I think it is very reasonably priced but I love it. The colour, how long it lasts and the fade off I find brilliant.

You would be best to get a few samples and try them out.

I think as far as prices go Sienna X is very reasonable. I personally am not a fan of it and use ST Tropez which I pay more money for but in 7 years I've never had a complaint or bad tan or lost a client.
When I first started I did tans ridiculously cheap (but every did and a lot still do) I now charge £30 and no one complains and the majority of my clients are weekly/10 day tanners!
I still trial every new solution that comes out and there have been some nice ones and others that matched up colour wise but didn't match in wear off etc.
In the summer some of my clients do ask foe Xen Tan as it's slightly darker (for holidays etc) but it's too dark to use all year round.
ST Tropez have since bought out a dark solution and an express which if left on for 2 hours is a beautiful olive tone and 4 hours is darker more for holidays or a night out! The express solution is very popular and I rarely get asked now for the original .

Latest posts

Back