Looking for soak off Gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Can anyone advise which gel System they think is best?
I trained with NSI acrylics, but also did the Gel course, I have used NSI Balance gels and Young Nails Gels, both are file off systems. You can buy them in small sample sizes.
I have looked at Calgel and Bio Sculpture, both very expensive, but I feel a soak off gel system will be better for my clients, I don't know which to choose. They don't offer sample sizes to buy, just expensive kits. HELP !!!

Hi,
I became qualified in applying Bio Sculpture this year in July,i must say it does have it s pros and cons.From reading on this sight its not really strong enuff to apply on top of tips,apparantly its ok for sculpts,i havent had too much sucess with my sculpts with it ,but that may be because i havent had my sculpt training with it ive just refere..d to my manual.Therefore i just do overlays ,i find i dont have lifting probs with it like i used to with other gels,but i do find if clients want their nails really long Bios not strong enuff.I must say they do a lovely selection of colours,which have been very popular for toenails,yes it is soak off and takes approx. about 15 mins,which is great .I first started buying my stock off of Ebay at first, and the dvd to show you how to apply it, before i booked my training,it is twice the price but then i could decide if i was going to get on with the product,and as i had no probs with lifting i went ahead and booked it.

Can anyone advise which gel System they think is best?
I trained with NSI acrylics, but also did the Gel course, I have used NSI Balance gels and Young Nails Gels, both are file off systems. You can buy them in small sample sizes.
I have looked at Calgel and Bio Sculpture, both very expensive, but I feel a soak off gel system will be better for my clients, I don't know which to choose. They don't offer sample sizes to buy, just expensive kits. HELP !!!

All I will say here is you get what you pay for.

Calgel IS expensive, but by far the best results Ive ever had with a nail system.

Often, you need proper product training to get the best out of your gel system, and I personally think you wont be getting the best out of a system if you just 'try it' without the proper training, if you apply it incorrectly, how will you know? Therefore your results will not be up to scratch.

The staff and educators at Calgel are more than happy to speak to you on the phone and explain about the benefits - I have even heard of them doing pinky nails for you to see for yourself.

Also, if you are already trained you should only need a conversion course, IMO for the amount of support you receive and the standard of training its cheap!!!

hths

look at the nobility gel by lechat.
its a true soak off gel and is easy to apply with good lasting results.
it costs a fraction of the price of bio.
i know for a fact its performance is equal if not superior too as i am trained in both.
LeChat UK - Nail Care Products

Nailite also has a soak-off gel. VERY AFFORDABLE!
And they also have a UK Distributor - Sensual world.

hth's

PS: I use the soak-off for toes, love it. Works great!

There is also Akzentz options which is also a soak off gel. I believe that you can get a try me kit from them too.

Hi,
Thanks, Where can I get Akzentz? I would get the try me kit asap.
Thanks for your help x

essential nails do a brilliant soak off gel in there dream range, have a look Essential Nails or email [email protected] she is the trainer there and will be able to give u all the help you need

I wonder why you are so against buff-off gels - Balance by NSI is THE best gel system I have ever used, and a whole set buffs off easily in less than 30 minutes. Generally much harder wearing than soak offs imho and suitable for a wider variety of clientele, as well as being suitable for over tips as well as nno. Just my thoughts x

Whats your reasons for looking for a soak off gel? I am a Bio Sculpture user, but it suits specific situations so it depends on your reasons to if it will be better for you or not.

I love Calgel, it is a really good product to use and easy to remove. I have only been back at college for two weeks and we are using buff off gel, I have removed that tonight and applied calgel coloured gel, I have even sculpted my thumb nail with with the clear gel before applying the colour after I ended up with a really short nail through breaking it. If I say so myself It will take a lot to top Calgel for me buff offs look nice but it is the removal that I do not like. I have to use various buff off gels and L&P's for my level 3, but I will be very surprised if I find that I like any of them as much as Calgel.

Joan

I wonder why you are so against buff-off gels - Balance by NSI is THE best gel system I have ever used, and a whole set buffs off easily in less than 30 minutes. Generally much harder wearing than soak offs imho and suitable for a wider variety of clientele, as well as being suitable for over tips as well as nno. Just my thoughts x

I am not against buff off gels, just want a soak off system which I feel will be gentler on clients who want a french overlay on natural good length nails. Also is will be quicker to soak off than buff off.
I intend to use both systems, as I love NSI balance range for sculpting gels.
Thanks for your reply, this site is fab. Great to know there is so much help out there when we need it. x

Latest posts

Back