Looking for the "perfect" UV topcoat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhonda

Reaction score
Help techies!! I am searching for the "perfect" topcoat! In order to be "perfect" in my book it has to......

1 Dry polish after curing under the light so that the client can leave right then and have very little room for damage to their nails on the way home!

2 Work on BOTH natural nails and acrylic.

3 Will NOT yellow polish when in a tanning bed or exposed to direct sunlight.

Does such a product exsist? I can find some that do one or two things but none that do all 3! :(

I stand corrected, oops

although perma gloss is cured in 2/4 min, it can only be put onto acrylic nails as you don't buff the nail that's were the adhesion comes in, I use Creative Faze two top coat which is acetone proof, it needs to be buffed off, so not for natural nails for natural nails i use either poshe or bio top coat
Collette lol

Now before I go any further, I may be wrong on this one. However, I'm sure someone will correct me if I am :?

I think you have to allow a good period of time between putting the nail varnish on and applying the perma gloss, ie. 8 hours? Thus not making it suitable for your client to walk away (unless she's staying overnight :D )

One of my client oftens returns to her family home up North and sometimes visits her old tek. She applies the Perma gloss over the finished nail (seems to think it helps prevent lifting......hmmm, not so sure myself) and then applies nail varnish and top coat.

Anyway, like I said, I could be wrong ;)
Adele

NSI Permagloss is designed as a topcoat for acrylics. I dont think it could be used over varnish as I think gel needs a non shiny surface to adhere to.

I have never come across a product such as you want Rhonda - if there was, we would all be using it LOL.

NSI Airshield or Thermoshield will do what you want on enhancements but it should not be used on natural nails.

I normally use a quick drying topcoat - Poshe, Jessica Brilliance, Speedey, Out the Door, Northern Lights etc. I set my timer for 4 minutes - generally enough time to make their next appointment and fill out card. Then I do a quick spritz of Solarspeed and off they go.

On P&W enhancements I use Total Eclipse which helps to give good shine and helps the whites to stay really bright.

if you want a good uv top coat, exflow nail systems do Speed Finish. apply it over you nail lacquer, wait three minutes for it to penetrate the nail and cure under a uv light for three mins and there you go!!!! don't worry it wont yellow or discolour and because its actually a polly based resin it will give you a more durable finish. it can also be allowed to air dry or you can use your table lamp to cure!!!!!! if you need any firther info you can contact me on 01204 412001.

good luck

antony

Thanks for all your replies and help!

Antony, I checked EZFlow's site and they don't list Speed Finish as a product. Is it still available?

speed finish is still available. if you have any problems ordering, head to www.eznails.com you can order it there online. make sure you have your license number handy to register

antony

Antony,

I did check www.eznail.com but I could not find it. They only have one "Specialty Top Coat" listed and it is the UV30. Under Seasonal Polishes they only have the newest colors. None of the other pages seemed like it would have it on there. Am I missing it?

Rhonda,

It is under the professional side, under polishes, just before the UV30 Top coat. Can't give you the URL as it requires you to have a login.
Product code SF - 1/2 Oz for $6.95
or
Product code SF4 - 4 oz for $39.95
Hope this helps.

thats the code for the speed finish, let me know how it goes

antony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back