Looking for website designer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ally Louise

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m looking or a reasonably priced website designer, can anyone recommend one please
Thanks x

Hey 👋

I've built sites for several people from this site :)

What kind of budget did you have in mind? If I can't help, I can point you in the right direction.

If I’m being honest about £400 , I’ve not managed to benefit from any grants through this pandemic so every penny is a prisoner at the moment

If I’m being honest about £400 , I’ve not managed to benefit from any grants through this pandemic so every penny is a prisoner at the moment
As you say, it's a tough time with the pandemic so spending £400 with a web designer is likely to not yield a great investment so better off keeping it in your back pocket and doing it yourself on Squarespace.

Then once the pressure is off and things are back to 'normal' you can start putting money aside to invest in your online presence in the future when you're ready.

Don't get me wrong, you will find someone to do it for £400 or even less but realistically, it's probably money down the drain.

I hope that helps :)

Do you think it’s because the underwritten code for all the search engines won’t be very good ? Thanks for the advice it’s appreciated x

Do you think it’s because the underwritten code for all the search engines won’t be very good ? Thanks for the advice it’s appreciated x
I don't think anyone will be writing code at all for that budget. Someone will use an off-the-shelf theme and tweak it or slightly better, use a page builder.

Basic on-page SEO (to help you with Google) will be pretty much the same on any platform to a degree. Depending on where you're based then SEO is nearly always a long-term and expensive endeavor so I wouldn't expect to rank well on Google.

The benefit of paying a pro is someone who really understands design, user experience, conversion rate optimisation etc. etc. All this relates to a better professional image of your business as well as more inquiries from the traffic you're getting.

If I can like it to your industry, people can paint their nails at home but it will be no way as good or last as long as someone who does it for a living and is a professional :)

Thank you for such an in-depth and helpful response I do appreciate it 😍

Latest posts

Back