Looking to change spray tanning solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie girl

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to change my tanning solution. I have been using totally tan but changed to natrasun as i wasnt happy with the results - not v dark. I then invested in natrasun but again not v dark - could it be my compressor or is the solution not good?

Got any suggestions of which solution has good colour and lasts well please?

Heavenly Bodies is a lovely colour, we have been using it now for over 2 years after I read an article in the Sunday Times Style magazine which did a test on various salon spray tans & this make came out 10/10! Not in work so I can't give you a contact no but if you google Heavenly Bodies I'm sure you'll find summat!

Great stuff - thanks v much!

I use vani-T which after months of trying different ones have stuck to this one.
If you ring around suppliers you can often get them to send out samples to you, sometimes free of charge.
I spent months trying them out on my boyfriend and different skin tones before I settled on one.

Celebrity Secrets 12% looks unbelieveable on some people

Celebrity Secrets 12% looks unbelieveable on some people

Yep just tried this and love it.

Naturasun wasn't very dark for me either, you have to turn the working pressure on your compressor right down....almost to the point where pick up wasn't too good, or it bounces right off the skin and you get loads of overspray. I've also had a litre of D&E turn green on me within 2-3 months and I was storing it correctly - not happy!

I have tried alsorts now its is Couture tanning all the way. Smells great, looks great and also more importantly what alot of others fail on is that it fades really well. Trust me over the past year I have tried many solutiuons.

I've also had a litre of D&E turn green on me within 2-3 months and I was storing it correctly - not happy!

Lots of solution will turn green even if you are storing it properly, it is all to do with the artificial colourings companies put in their solutions. A good way to test if your solution is likely to turn green is if you drop some onto a tissue, if the colours separate showing pink, yellow, blue or green then it is not a natural colour.

It can also happen when you spray under the arms if someone has deoderant on - whilst it is only in the colourguide clients still don't like it when their armpits are sprayed a lovely shade of green! :green: lol

Look out for a natural product and do the tissue test or else only buy your solutions in small amounts to save wastage.

i have a little bottle of couture solution (sample size) i can send it you if you want its great stuff

Lots of solution will turn green even if you are storing it properly, it is all to do with the artificial colourings companies put in their solutions. A good way to test if your solution is likely to turn green is if you drop some onto a tissue, if the colours separate showing pink, yellow, blue or green then it is not a natural colour.

It can also happen when you spray under the arms if someone has deoderant on - whilst it is only in the colourguide clients still don't like it when their armpits are sprayed a lovely shade of green! :green: lol

Look out for a natural product and do the tissue test or else only buy your solutions in small amounts to save wastage.

Thanks Mandy, yes this was just my point really, although I should have made it clearer in my post, that I knew that was the reasons. And very much the reason that I am no longer using Naturasun!

Interestingly enough though, I've had this happen with another solution previously, that I continued to use for personal use occasionally, and whilst I looked like a little green alien immediately after spraying, the developed colour still turned out great, whereas with Naturasun both the guide colour and the resultant tan were affected. Not sure of the reasons for the differences in that.

I have tried Tantrick too (after you very kindly sent me a sample), and love the solution and colour, just not too happy with application through my airbrush and compressor, as the working pressure needs to be on the limit for my airbrush (Iwata Eclipse - lowest limit 10PSI, and I'm still getting heavy-ish overspray).

You never know, I may just have to take up one of these special show offers you have on a minimist one day! But I do love the controlability (is that a word?) of my airbrush for precision and contouring etc.

Hi Lyndsay

You are most welcome to come and meet us and have a go with a spray gun at the show if you are going to be there - you'll be amazed at how easy and controlable it really is! I never thought I'd give up my airbrush in a month of Sundays..... lol

Take care

Mandy x

Hi Lyndsay,

Try and take Mandy up on her offer. I am just recently Tantrick trained and I have had nothing but positive feedback from clients. The spray gun is really easy to use (I use the mini-mist) and there is virtually no overspray. I quite often spray on a cream coloured bath sheet and there is virtually nothing on it afterwards.

Also, I must add that Tantrick customer service is the best - I had a little accident with my mini-mist hose the other day (entirely my fault) and Mandy had one in the post to me which arrived by courier the very next day - this was really important to me as I have clients booked and because of the speedy delivery of my spare part from Tantrick I won't have to cancel and disappoint them.

I have tried alsorts now its is Couture tanning all the way. Smells great, looks great and also more importantly what alot of others fail on is that it fades really well. Trust me over the past year I have tried many solutiuons.

What is the lovely smell??? It smells familiar... but I can't put my finger on it. Does it contain Aloe Vera?

I have tried Tantrick too (after you very kindly sent me a sample), and love the solution and colour, just not too happy with application through my airbrush and compressor, as the working pressure needs to be on the limit for my airbrush (Iwata Eclipse - lowest limit 10PSI, and I'm still getting heavy-ish overspray).

You never know, I may just have to take up one of these special show offers you have on a minimist one day! But I do love the controlability (is that a word?) of my airbrush for precision and contouring etc.

Couture are doing offers now, you don't have to wait until the show!

When the lady came to do a demo with Tantrick, I noticed there was more overspray with this than with the other two products I have tried. I wonder if this was the machine though or the solution? You don't get that with Couture, and it's coming from the same machine?

i think its the aloe, gorgeous !
xx

hi caroline did you get a good deal for your salon ?

i think its the aloe, gorgeous !
xx

Yeah smells fresh... I smelt it for a while last night, until Dave thought I was sniffing chemicals :smack:

The retail products are a brilliant price too, when you buy 6. Good saving. I think it's such a classy product - it will appeal to people of all ages/shapes/sizes etc etc...

.. The other tanning companies have slim girls with gorgeous figures who look like they'd blow away in the storm.. usually in bikini's with not a stretch mark in sight!!! Seemingly targeted and young girls, when really, it's not that age group who have the most expendable income. Most of the queries in my salon are from women in their 30's/40's and older.

Hi Lyndsay

You are most welcome to come and meet us and have a go with a spray gun at the show if you are going to be there - you'll be amazed at how easy and controlable it really is! I never thought I'd give up my airbrush in a month of Sundays..... lol

Take care

Mandy x

Hi Lyndsay,

Try and take Mandy up on her offer. I am just recently Tantrick trained and I have had nothing but positive feedback from clients. The spray gun is really easy to use (I use the mini-mist) and there is virtually no overspray. I quite often spray on a cream coloured bath sheet and there is virtually nothing on it afterwards.

Thanks for the advice and heads up, there's nothing more I would love than to get up to Excel and have a go - however I shall be over 38 weeks pregnant at that point, so I'm not banking on being able to make it! Gutted!

I actually have applied for tickets just in case though....my husband thnks I'm mad!:eek::lol:

i trained with solglo and found their solution to be very dark and not suitable for most people. i swapped to su-do and have nothing but good feedback for this. i spray tanned a geek last night and used a tan enhancer and the su-do solution and it loooked a nice warm colour ( warmer than usual).
it didn't look like she had had a tan she genuinely looked like she had been on hols.

Hi all,

Not sure if this post is still active but just wanted to reply to Barbie Girl's question. Have you tried Couture Beauty's products? We have a number of tanning kits, pre and after care products and spray tanning solutions.

Have a look at www.couturebeauty.co.uk and drop me a PM if there's anything else you want to know.

Hope this helps!

Sam
x

Latest posts

Back