Looking to invest in a sunbed shop!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holly28

Reaction score
Hi any advice would be great, I'm looking to take over a sunbed shop in liverpool. But dont really now the ins and outs. I.E insurance, prices, best creams to stock eg. only ever been a customer !! And dont want to commit without researching first thats.

The rules & regulations are changing all the time, so best to contact your local council for the ins & outs to make sure you comply. Certain tubes (not sure which ones) aren't allowed to be used any more, apparently inspections take place & they come dressed like they are about to deal with something radioactive (big white suits with headgear!).

What are the current prices? Are you taking on an already established salon? What creams do they stock?

Near me it is £1 for 2 mins on a lie down, £1 per min on a stronger stand up.

Creams Australian gold, & pro tan anywhere from £2-2.80 per sachet, around £12-15 for a bottle. Personally prefer Australian gold.

Xx

Definately research as now all tubes have to be at the same standards although at present this varies from council to council if these standards are not met in your council area when they are enforced you will have to change every tube in every bed to conform. Tanning times are getting longer due to the restrictions and some say the stand up sun showers will become uncomfortable to stand up in for any length of time. Contact the tanning association they will help you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks very much, its already established previous own been up and running for 4 years. How often do the tubes need changing? She has the price set at £1 for 3 minuets.

Thanks very much, its already established previous own been up and running for 4 years. How often do the tubes need changing? She has the price set at £1 for 3 minuets.

Frequency of changing tubes really depends on how busy the salon will be! Majority of tubes you'll get 400-600 hours out of them! £1 for 3mins seems to be standard in North West. I'm slightly higher than that. If you have no competition locally then you could definitely charge more!

In terms of creams, I'd also highly recommend ProTan and Australian Gold. I tend to stock sachets that sell for a maximum of £3, & most my bottles are between £12-£15

Hi any advice would be great, I'm looking to take over a sunbed shop in liverpool. But dont really now the ins and outs. I.E insurance, prices, best creams to stock eg. only ever been a customer !! And dont want to commit without researching first thats.

if the salon is one that you are looking to take over then most of the questions you are asking are ones the existing owners can answer you

Alternatively it would be well worthwhile contacting the sunbed association who can give you assistance iin compliance to regulations, insurances, client record card procedures etc.

Good luck either way

Latest posts

Back