Looks like we may have a new addition to our family

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal colleen

Reaction score
Hi geeks,Well I went round my friends today lives across the road from me and she has the most gorg 12 week old staff x that she's looking for a new home for.My friend rescued her from a family that wasn't great.Really quite sad the family before must have only had her for a couple of weeks if that :( poor thing,so I went round there and I have fallen in love.My oh went round and really liked her to.So Gary my 2 year old bullmastiff and little miss have met each other tonight and it went really well.Gary was play bowing,and slobbed all over her face lol which she was less than impressed with lol.

We kept them on leads and let then sniff and play for about an hour,she has gone back to my friends and then over they next few days they will have play meets just so we can see how our boy reacts and feels about it.

We were a bit nervous Gary is 2 and the only dog we have had in the house and not only that he's 9 stone,but it went really really well.

So it looks like fingers x that we have rescued a pup :).I didn't think it would take to long before we cracked lol it's come just at the right time.

I have rung my insurance company and checked prices etc so we know for sure we can afford her.xxx

So lovely. I have a staffy cross and he's my baby boy. Any pics xxx

My mum had a bull mastiff he eventually ended up nearing 14 stone, but the funniest thing was his best friend, a chihuahua, he was like a gentle giant with her, she used to sleep on his head in the basket, they were so funny together, when she died he was so lost that we had to get him a toy one, so I wouldn't worry to much about him

Aw Colleen you have such a good heart! Hope it all works out for you xx

Lovely to hear some good animal news! Staffy's have had such bad press over the past few years - and so underserved. So good for you!
We have a rescue greyhound and although he takes up an entire sofa of his own I love him to pieces!

My boy loves dogs all sizes but i just want to make sure he's ok with having a dog come into his space on a perm basis.He's a real softy it was so funny to watch,very sweet.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

She's very cute .x

So she is here and here to stay,I said I would post pics so here they are.We took her to the vet today and the vet couldn't tell us what she is mixed with but she's health and no apparent problems.She's under weight because of the last owners but nothing that good food can't sort out :).She's had first jab and wormer to.

Little lady still dosnt have a name yet we can't decide.xxx

I'll send pics now

Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386355574.142562.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386355608.045171.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386355647.113414.jpg x

She's beautiful, lovely colour, congrats :)

Gorgeous Colleen! How about naming her Holly or Ivy since it's the festive season?

Thank you all.

She slept in the crate all night and didn't wake up no wee's or poos we slept on the sofa.Gary just slept to.

So at 8.30 thismorning we chose her name...........Roo because she looks like a little kangaroo.XX

Awww she's beautiful x

She's so lovely. I would love another! Congratulations on your new addition!

Vicki x

Aww she is beautiful the same colour as my 5 year old staff Trixie :) heres a picture of my babies Trixie and Spot my 10 year old jack russel x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1386440253327.jpg
    1386440253327.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 71
Thank you.well there still getting on well.Gary gets a little over excited at times so we separate them.He's very gentle but he needs to learn she's only little.I think they will be good friends.It's going to take time for them both to adjust especially Gary but he's doing well with the change and hasn't shown any signs of aggression which I hope he dosnt but you just never know so we are taking it slowly with him.

Xxx

She's gorgeous! Our daughter has a staffy cross, he is huge, but the softest dog ever. People are more afraid of him than our Lhasa Apso, which is really unfair because our Lhasa is on steroids most of the time, and only just tolerates us!!! All the best with baby Roo. And she looks like she could be staffy x Rhodesian Ridgeback, imo :)

She's gorgeous! Our daughter has a staffy cross, he is huge, but the softest dog ever. People are more afraid of him than our Lhasa Apso, which is really unfair because our Lhasa is on steroids most of the time, and only just tolerates us!!! All the best with baby Roo. And she looks like she could be staffy x Rhodesian Ridgeback, imo :)

Hi I know that feeling,we got a bullmastiff he's a real softy but people are scared of him.I think she's gorg to.yes we thought she may be ridgeback because she has a strip down her back but the hair hasn't grown the wrong way like on a ridgeback but I agree she looks like staff x ridge.Once I've got the weight back on her we will prob be able to tell more.She has really long legs and quite big feet.xxx

Latest posts

Back