Looong natural nails, which french manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants me to do her a french polish on her very long natural nails. She says that she had it done before, and after 2 hours, the polish hadn't dried:eek: (she doesn't know what make it was) so is wary of having it done.

As I haven't actually officially started my business yet, I said I'd do them as a practise, if she likes them, she can pay me, if not, then I'm learning from the experience (it's a while since I've done a french polish except on my own toes:rolleyes:)

My 1st question to you is which companies polish would you reccommend and in which shades? The ones I have I have had for a while (actually they were in my college kit) and are rather thick, and were cheapies anyway. I'm thinkin that they'll end up all lumpy by the time I've completed the white, through starting to dry before getting it all done.

My second question is, how would you go about it? I think if I'm going across the nail for the french as I was taught in college, it'll actually be 3 or 4 strokes to get the white completed due to the long length.

Oh, and question 3, did I read somewhere that if your smile line isn't quite perfect you can use scrubfresh to neaten it? If so, what type of brush would you use? Would a cheap gel brush from the local suppliers kept specially for that be suitable?

Sorry for so many questions you're probably like this by now :zzz:

Hello, i use creative enamels cream puff i think it is called, and negligee for the whole nail its kind of opalesent. When i do longer nails i do a v with the white from outer corner inwards on each side then i sweep across to create the smile, if it needs sharpened i use scrubfresh on a small gel brush to tidy it up,i guess everyone has different ways.I always do the white first if using scrubfresh.:)

I would do upward strokes with very long nails rather than trying to sweep across the nail. I would do a very thin coat to begin with then wait for the to dry then another thin coat to even out the colour.
Use a small brush, maybe a gel one dipped into scrubfresh to neaten the smile.

I use Creative Creme Puff topped with Negligee, Beau or French pink, all are lovely!!

Latest posts

Back