L'Oréal Blond Studio multi techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethany Johnston

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any reviews on the new L'Oréal multi techniques bleach? Specifically used on scalp application. I usually use blondor by wella but I brought this and thought I would give it ago! I like my hair really blonde/ almost white!
So some reviews would be massively appreciated before use it!
Thanks! Xx

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any reviews on the new L'Oréal multi techniques bleach? Specifically used on scalp application. I usually use blondor by wella but I brought this and thought I would give it ago! I like my hair really blonde/ almost white!
So some reviews would be massively appreciated before use it!
Thanks! Xx
I've used it on my scalp and as my hair is WHITE it's pretty easy and fair for me to judge it on root touch ups, firstly it took a good while to lift and even after 60-70+ mins (i processed for an extra 10-20 mins because I wanted more lift and it was still moist) it had only lifted my hair to a very yellow level 10, In most cases no problem for you guys but if the client had super white hair it wont give enough lift in my opinion, If you want your hair white i'd go for blondme by schwarzkopf that one by far has the most SUPERIOR lift i've ever had the opportunity of using :)

excuse my hair, it's oily because not bothered to wash it haha, but this was the maximum lift, and this was using 30 volume.... *I use 30 and 40 sometimes on my roots as my hair can take that as can my scalp without issues*

Attachments

• Photo on 01-06-2016 at 11.50 a.m..jpg
    Photo on 01-06-2016 at 11.50 a.m..jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 130
I've used it on my scalp and as my hair is WHITE it's pretty easy and fair for me to judge it on root touch ups, firstly it took a good while to lift and even after 60-70+ mins (i processed for an extra 10-20 mins because I wanted more lift and it was still moist) it had only lifted my hair to a very yellow level 10, In most cases no problem for you guys but if the client had super white hair it wont give enough lift in my opinion, If you want your hair white i'd go for blondme by schwarzkopf that one by far has the most SUPERIOR lift i've ever had the opportunity of using :)
Hi thanks for the advise!! I think I will be going to swap it for blondeme!!

If it's 'very yellow' it can't be a level 10.
Level 10 is very pale yellow, inside of a banana skin.

You can't bleach hair to a pure white as the integrity of the hair will be severely compromised. To achieve a very pale blonde shade, you have to bleach and then apply the correct toner afterwards.

You can't bleach hair to a pure white as the integrity of the hair will be severely compromised. To achieve a very pale blonde shade, you have to bleach and then apply the correct toner afterwards.
I usually use blondor and lift it as high as possible and that usually will be a very pale yellow then I tone to make it silver white like in my profile picture. I'm just looking for something different then blondor that's why I brought this. X

Ah, I was just replying to Daniel as he seems to have a thing about having white hair and bleaching it 'to infinity and beyond...' :) Obviously, that's up to him to do whatever he likes to his own hair but I think it's sensible to follow manufacturers instructions when using bleach products.

I like TIGI myself and here's a link to a search I just did for 'best bleach'. I hope you find it useful to read through to help you decide what to try next.

http://www.salongeek.com/search/1947272/?q=Best+bleach&o=relevance&c[node]=65

pale yellow in my case is VERY yellow because i'm used to pure white hair, and i don't bleach it white, but i bleach it paler than it currently is on my band then tone with purple shampoo only for literally 10-20 seconds

pale yellow in my case is VERY yellow because i'm used to pure white hair, and i don't bleach it white, but i bleach it paler than it currently is on my band then tone with purple shampoo only for literally 10-20 seconds
as you can see my hair is a level 10 in the band, it's just not pale enough for me to perfectly tone it out to pure white without turning it somewhat duller and it'll turn more lilac to tone it out than i prefer it to turn.

pale yellow in my case is VERY yellow

I do realise that you mean that you (like most clients!) see your hair as canary yellow when it's not really. :)

However, this is a professional forum and so you can't offer advice to fellow geeks based on YOUR VERSION of yellow.

You must stick to the ICC agreed tonal values otherwise future posters reading the thread in isolation to your other posts (about your pursuit for the ultimate white hair) will take your comments about bleach as evidence that the product doesn't work correctly.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say to you?

I do realise that you mean that you (like most clients!) see your hair as canary yellow when it's not really. :)

However, this is a professional forum and so you can't offer advice to fellow geeks based on YOUR VERSION of yellow.

You must stick to the ICC agreed tonal values otherwise future posters reading the thread in isolation to your other posts (about your pursuit for the ultimate white hair) will take your comments about bleach as evidence that the product doesn't work correctly.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say to you?
Completely yes, but at the same time I did say it was a level 10, so they cant exactly get confused about 'very yellow' but i do understand completely and agree with you, so apologies there! But in my honest opinion if you're looking to go white blonde in as quick as time I wouldn't use this bleach because it will not lift your hair enough, especially since most people wont use 30 on their roots *which is something I am very, very, very guilty of haha* and instead use 20 vol, and understandably everyone lifts different but I know my hair does lift quite a bit more than the average head *im a level 6/7 naturally but on the warm side, so fair enough its only 4-5 levels of lift* but for a neutralised not RAW yellow tone I wouldn't use this bleach as it does definitely bring out the warmth A LOT regardless of lift or level you're going to, for neutralised cool toned hair I'd 100% hands down choose blondme over anything else, it lifts quick, it doesn't need foil *and you should nOT foil it because it will fry your hair if you do* and it doesn't lift WARM, it also goes through that yellow-orange stage really well for those who have trouble when lifting past that stage, and it doesn't do half as much damage as the next high-end bleach, which is wonderful! :)

js, i sound like I'm arguing/debating but I'm really not, please don't read that the wrong way haha it's completely friendly!

That's not a problem as you're posting based on your experiences of bleaching your own hair and making this clear in your posts. Well done!

What I find interesting is when Geeks are able to discuss the pros and cons of a particular product based on using it on lots of different heads.

As you say, everyone lifts differently and sometimes, a product that works brilliantly on a particular type of hair might just offer an average performance on a different hair type.

That's not a problem as you're posting based on your experiences of bleaching your own hair and making this clear in your posts. Well done!

What I find interesting is when Geeks are able to discuss the pros and cons of a particular product based on using it on lots of different heads.

As you say, everyone lifts differently and sometimes, a product that works brilliantly on a particular type of hair might just offer an average performance on a different hair type.
Absolutely, but I do find it doesnt lift well on other people either, just to put that out there, i am relatively new to the bleach though as i've only used it maybe 10 times altogether on my own hair once and then a few on other people and i'm really just not liking it, defo switching back to blondme

Im not a fan of multi techniques! I'm a blondor lover but wanting to try something new too as I feel I'm not getting the lift sometimes with it!

Im not a fan of multi techniques! I'm a blondor lover but wanting to try something new too as I feel I'm not getting the lift sometimes with it!
try blondme

Don't like it. It takes ages to lift, even using 30vol. I left it on hair that was a natural level 7 and stretched the processing time out to an hour and it was still very gold. And that's not the first time it's happened. The best powder lightener I've ever used has been "Redden flashlift". I also like "Wella blondor".

Latest posts

Back