L'Oreal advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettyflamingo

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a new job with a company that uses loreal , I've only ever used wella and must say I'm a teensy bit scared ha!!! I will be going on courses , however I have a few of my clients that have followed me that I will be colouring before I attend any courses , anybody have any loreal advice , as in best grey coverage , wella to loreal conversions , loreal cocktails , handy hints/tips!!! Seriously guys any info is much appreciated !
Gracias!!!

Well L'Oréal reflects are
1- Ash/Blue
2- Violet
3- Gold
4- Copper
5- Mahogany
6- Red
7- Green/Matt

Well L'Oréal reflects are
1- Ash/Blue
2- Violet
3- Gold
4- Copper
5- Mahogany
6- Red
7- Green/Matt

So for instance in wella /7 is brunette , what would be used in loreal to create this? Also some of my favourites are 10/38 and 7/17 what is like this in loreal ?!!

I've just started using loreal again from a schwartzkoph salon and its really easy. The tones are different and you mix 1:1.5 ratio for everything except hi lift blondes.
There's no brunette but I find the .13 and .31 are lovely colours. I find they are not as warm as wella. There's also double base for resistant hair too. And the coppers and reds are brilliant :)

I've just started using loreal again from a schwartzkoph salon and its really easy. The tones are different and you mix 1:1.5 ratio for everything except hi lift blondes.
There's no brunette but I find the .13 and .31 are lovely colours. I find they are not as warm as wella. There's also double base for resistant hair too. And the coppers and reds are brilliant :)

and Inoa which is also 1:1.

:)

Loreal is the easiest color line on the market. It is fool proof. You almost have to make an effort to have something go wrong.

Loreal is the easiest color line on the market. It is fool proof. You almost have to make an effort to have something go wrong.

I once worked with a proper stupid cow that toned toned very yellowy extensions with 901..... Yep! It went green! ARGH!!!! Stupid wench!

INOA is a pile of poo :(

INOA is a pile of poo :(

AGREED!!! But then again I could no longer stand behind a company who's budget for advertising over the counter products is more money than they even earn from their professional sector. Therefore, the professionals who invest in Loreal are simply paying for the company to promote over the counter products.

I think INOA is amazing. Clients love it, no scalp irritation, the new one gives perfect grey coverage, long lasting, glossy and shiny an it makes the hair feel like its natural state after 5 applications which I've Tried and can say its true! But still love Majirel as well

I think INOA is amazing. Clients love it, no scalp irritation, the new one gives perfect grey coverage, long lasting, glossy and shiny an it makes the hair feel like its natural state after 5 applications which I've Tried and can say its true! But still love Majirel as well
I find the opposite! Leaves hair "tough" feeling. Get poor grey coverage (unless you use supreme but your so limited in colour choices) the golds always look green, the reds only last 2 weeks max, they give un even patchy coverage on full head applications, they are the most un cost effective colours as you have to use s bucket full and they have made it almost impossible to mix up small amounts..need I go on lol

Joseph you must let me in on your secrets cos despite 2 lots of in house training with the new INOA every one of our team hate it lol x

I find the opposite! Leaves hair "tough" feeling. Get poor grey coverage (unless you use supreme but your so limited in colour choices) the golds always look green, the reds only last 2 weeks max, they give un even patchy coverage on full head applications, they are the most un cost effective colours as you have to use s bucket full and they have made it almost impossible to mix up small amounts..need I go on lol

Joseph you must let me in on your secrets cos despite 2 lots of in house training with the new INOA every one of our team hate it lol x

I must say these are similar to the results I had with inoa

Lol could it be different in Australia? I find the reds and coppers are beautiful and last really well. Especially for lowlights which normally fade quickly. Just apply heavily with grey. And make sure its laying flat and not sticking up cause the greys will pop up an the colour won't absorb properly, are you using the new INOA? We don't have supreme I the salon we didn't like it. Just keep experimenting! And I must say it does leave thehair rough when its wet and freshly rinsed but once conditioned and dry it feels amazing

Loving all this advice guys thankyou , any tips / hints , favourite colours etc much appreciated , also I'm presuming ( for example) 5.0 is that like 55/0 wella? :/

Loving all this advice guys thankyou , any tips / hints , favourite colours etc much appreciated , also I'm presuming ( for example) 5.0 is that like 55/0 wella? :/

Yes it's the same x

All the dia colours but especially the dia lights 10.12, 9.12, 9.01, 9.13 great little toners and I suppose if I had to chose a fave INOA (I don't like any of them THAT much) it would be the new 8.07. Used it over a bleached up washed out red the other day and was cool as a cucumber. Really Matt

Ive got a dia richesse 7.14 kicking about , could I use it to lowlight over bleached hair or will it go grey? I usually use Wella so I dont really know why I got it , maybe I was going to use it on myself and forgot!

A .14 is a soft copper :)

Latest posts

Back