L'Oreal lightening oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Ive just heard about this. Can anyone tell me about this product please x

I LOVE this stuff! If you leave it on for the full 30 minutes you can get up to two levels of lift, but most people use it as a base breaker after highlighting to slightly lift the natural base to soften the contrast between the natural hair and the highlights. You can also use it just around the hairline if you want to lift those baby hairs that are impossible to foil, or for clients that want to brighten their roots in between highlighting services.

It's ammonia free and lightens the hair really softly so you don't have to worry about the hair suddenly turning too warm. It will of course make the natural colour slightly warmer, but it's not like a raw undercoat like when you lift with a tint. Just watch it and rinse before it becomes too warm. If you are only lifting 1/2 shade or 1 shade lighter it's not really a problem (unless the client hates any warmth). If you leave it on longer it will expose more warmth, so you just have to eyeball it.

The way I describe the effect to clients is that it lightens you hair the same way as if you had been out in the sun, naturally brighter. So some people have used it to create soft ombre effects leaving it on the ends longer and gradually working it up the hair. You can mix it with 20 or 30 vol, on dry hair or like a shampoo at the basin (it is very runny). The best thing is you DON'T have to skin test! So it's an easy way to up sell.

Wow sounds amazing. So say ive just done a full head of hilights, do u use it inbetween on roots? Or just use it on its own? X

Is it kind of like a clear diacolour? X

Yes it lifts like if you used clear with 15vol, but it lifts faster/stronger. I normally use it for about 5 minutes, after rinsing the highlights and towel drying. It's very runny so I think it might be hard trying to apply it whilst the foils are still in.

With adamlea87 on this....it's FAB.
I use at ALOT, especially good when highlighting the darker bases as it will 'soften' the contrast.;)

So say ive just done a set of hilights on a natural base 7 just bleach hilights, take them off, towel dry and apply for 5 mins. Thanks for your help. I feel out of the loop since leaving salon going mobile xx

Yes it lifts like if you used clear with 15vol, but it lifts faster/stronger. I normally use it for about 5 minutes, after rinsing the highlights and towel drying. It's very runny so I think it might be hard trying to apply it whilst the foils are still in.
If using the lightening oil in between colour services on the root area would you use on towel dried hair or on dry hair to lift 1-2 levels? Xx

Does it work on virgin hair only?

Latest posts

Back