L'oreal Luo colour as a toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMoo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please can you help, I am colouring my hair at home using either l'oreal pro' products like the majirel or majiblond 911 (light extra ash blonde). Mixed with 30% vol bleach. Although last time I coloured my hair I used a Clairol colour from Boots. I also have a few highlights growing out.

I know, am suprised I have any hair left! But I use pro' product conditoners etc...phew!

What I am trying to achieve is a nice Ash blonde, light but not white or bland in colour. My hair has quite a bit of gold to it and I find all of the above colours seem to lift and go gold. I use colour preserve products, to shampoo and style etc. So don't think it's down to that...:!:

So I was wondering would anyone be able to advise a good toner, would the l'oreal Luo colours work with a 10% bleach. So not to actually lift the colour further, but more to get the gold out of it and hoepfully keep the gold out?

Look forward to your help, thanks a million. :Grope:

are you a hairdresser hun ?? ., if not i would deffo recomennd you go to one as you can make a total mess if you dont know what you are doing , even if you are using pro products :hug:
if money is an issue then try your local college , and ask for a level 3 student , they will be able to do fab things and it wont cost a fotune xxxx

i agree with dee, at the very least go to a college and let them sort it for u, all students are under constant supervision so ur'l get salon standard hair still, and they love models like you!

Ok will check to see if there is a college near to me. If there is not, you really think I should not try it?

Thanks again :)

personally no i dont think u should, we cant give u a proper solution with out actually seeing ur hair, and with toners u need to work very quickly as they will grab on ur blonde hair.....i def think u should find a college or even ring round some salons that have inhouse training, they'd offer a discount and be under supervision

hth

Latest posts

Back