L'Oreal Majirel, mix 6.0 with 6.1?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz9

Reaction score
I have a client with medium brown roots, but hair that lightens quickly in the sun, which results in having a lot of natural highlights and mix of various browns/blondes, but also had a tendency to go copper tones as well. She is starting to get greys, mostly around the ears.

We use majirel, and I've had her on a mix of 6 and 5.1, but its too dark, there isnt a natural blend with the rest of the head when we do root touch ups.

im thinking of doing straight 6.1, or a mix of 6.0 and 6.1.

any thoughts on what to use to cover grays, and try to keep a dark blonde, light brown that stays away from copper?

thoughts?

Don’t use 6.0 with anything but another .0
What’s her natural base? Have you tried cool cover? Keeps it cool for longer.

Don’t use 6.0 with anything but another .0
What’s her natural base? Have you tried cool cover? Keeps it cool for longer.

Her base is a 5. But the rest of her hair is a 6.
We want to minimize banding. What should I do?

Should I do just a 6.1 straight?

No I haven't tried cool cover. Tell me more please.

Ok so the base hasn’t been stabilized so a level 5 with 20 vol will bring her natural base to a 7 then your trying to drop it to a tone of a 5 using a 6 base donut won’t work.
That why it’s banding and lightening randomly etc. you could use cool cover but if your aiming for a 6 use a level 7 as it can appear darker.
Is it more golden when lifting and you’d like it flatter? If so use 6 + 6.1 or just 6 and tone with dis light 7.12

Ok so the base hasn’t been stabilized so a level 5 with 20 vol will bring her natural base to a 7 then your trying to drop it to a tone of a 5 using a 6 base donut won’t work.
That why it’s banding and lightening randomly etc. you could use cool cover but if your aiming for a 6 use a level 7 as it can appear darker.
Is it more golden when lifting and you’d like it flatter? If so use 6 + 6.1 or just 6 and tone with dis light 7.12
Thanks for the input. I've been tempted to go to 7... do you think the re-growth on the roots would be too obvious if I go to a 7? Or what about mixing a 6 with a 7? What would that mix get?

Last edited:
No you’d need to cleanse it to above a 7 then take it back I’d go with the 6 + 6.1 and tone option.
Once the ends are to a level 6 you’ll be fine. Only use 6.1 on the ends don’t add base unless you’ve lightened it :)

Latest posts

Back