L'Oreal po1 toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazz!!

Reaction score
Hi i was told by a fellow hairdresser to get this toner to tone my sisters highlights as ash as possible and to mix with 10 vol,

But when i purched it i read the instructions and it said you should use the releaser that is 25vol. And it says to mix more releser to make a pastel. Whats pastel?

Also it says it can lighten up to 4 shades on virgin hair. So do i have to be carefull not to touch the scalp and if so whats the best way to do this and still get all the highlights my sister has virgin hair in between a base 6. X
thank you. X x

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I would use the po1 with 10 vol all over to tone. Are you sure it said 25vol, not 2.5% ? never heard of a developer of 25 vol....
xx

Yes im looking at it now as i brought it just incase 25vol 7.5% x and thats what it says in the instructions. But i wondered if this was if you were lifting the hair thats if it can lift hair. Or they put the same instructions in all boxes. X

Been a while since Ive used Loreal but Im guessing thats for lifting the hair. If you were toning bleached hair, you would use a low vol peroxide.
xxx

Ok thank you. Will it do anything to virgin hair. X

Hey Hun luo can be used to lift virgin hair an is beautiful if used correctly I've used it to tone my own before and I'm not sure if it's my scalp after prelightener but it kills like seriously eye watering pain bit it's the only thing I've ever found to get my hair whiter than white.

Yeah 25 vol is def right! If you use 10 vol it goes a mucky bluey grey shade saw it happen with po2 once.....panic!

Just make sure and watch it developing, i mean literally stand at the basin and watch. I have a client who gets her platinium retouched every 5 weeks and every time the dev time varies

Ok so if there are highlighs and virgin hair And i want to tone the higlights will it lift the virgin hair. Or is it not on long enough.
can you just put in on or do i have to be carefull to only get it on the blonde highlights. X

I used P01 with Richesse developer and went Green. Then used it with normal Luo Dev and was so nice.
Just use the Luo Dev, it is 25vol which is half 6% half 9% if you don't have the actual Luo Dev, but mix it 3:1 for less root lift.

Ok. I have the correct developer. So ill use that. Just wanted to make sure i was doing it right. Thank you. X

Tecnicaly speaking yes it has the power to lift the natural hair, apply it a bit more sparingly on the roots, try not to apply directly to natural hair. Its not such a problem on the lengths and ens as they've become keratainised and less likely to lift. I have never seen it happen probably because i stand and watch it develop

I use po1 regular, it works great. And never had a problem with it touching natural hair. Hope goes well hunnyx

Latest posts

Back