L'Oreal professional color?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emcolorme

Reaction score
I've been using loreal myself more and more, recently. Looking for some good toner cocktails, as well as just generalized opinions on their lighteners, dialight vs diarichesse, majirel, ect. Thanks [emoji4]

From the range I use maji reds, maji blondes and richesse for toners.
When I worked in the salon I used the whole range but now I'm freelance they r too expensive!
Richesse 10/12 with 3 % is the best toner I have found for bleach highlights or full head bleach

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you like to use specifically for their reds? I'm finding that their reds aren't really truly that 'red' referring to their carmiline, rubaline, etc

I love loreal and use the dialight as a toner. The new milkshake shades are simply gorgeous I use them alone don't mix shades. Use majirel and inoa. Loving the 9 and 10 shades especially 10.13 and 10.31

I use L'Oreal. Mainly Inoa, majiblonde and the dia's.

I sometimes find inoa can be a bit translucent.

The majiblondes I find are still reasonably warm.

It pees me off that they now don't do a 4.1 or 5.1 (most of my clients dislike warmth).

And I also don't like that the only mix tones in inoa are blue and green.

I also find some colours stain really easily. Despite barrier cream, stain remover and emulsifying.

I don't like that L'Oreal don't have their own stain remover or true colour remover.

I'm currently toying with the idea of changing to Fudge.

But like the idea that if I run out of colours I can run to the local wholesalers.

Does your local wholesalers not stock fudge colours?

Does your local wholesalers not stock fudge colours?
No, Salon Concepts are the Fudge Distributors for my area and they're 80 miles away. [emoji107]

We use majirel, inoa, richesse and luo color.
I love that with majirel you can almost always just use the basic shades and have shiny balanced results like a 5, a 6, a 7 ...
Also love their ,34 soft coppers as they are very natural. Their ashes ,1 are very translucent and light so they are not very neutralizing. The newer cool cover solve this.
In luo I only ever use their ashes as all other shades are way too glowy 7.1 is a great shade, I sometimes use 10.01 for base breaking.
Richesse I love as it is very efficient as you only ever need little product it is honey-like. Also it gives a lot of shine and is versatile from blending grays to refreshing end to toning a bleach out.
Inoa I only ever use for clients who want permanent color but are sensitive on the scalp and/or dislike ammonia odor. All in all I like working with loreal from a technical point of view [emoji1][emoji106]

I am loving their studio blonde lightener, the best out of any I've tried from them. Wella blondor is still my favorite.

I wish they had a better range for toning in richesse , because I like it much better that light.

Love their mochas!

Their cool cover line is awesome. Although I feel like their line as a whole is much 'cooler' compared to other lines. Their naturals are very shiny, and well balanced.

I mostly mix the mochas with a natural on zone 1 as they appear too red for my liking. When pulling through they're awesome as the don't get kakhi or drab.

For skin staining we use the Efassor wipes you can order. They aren't like the Efassor decolorizer but a true stain remover! It works quite well!
But the best is to avoid staining from the beginning by using a barrier serum that you actually can't order by loreal. We use this cheapish one:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445878478.529706.jpg
I'm sure you can get a similar one by your local distributor. It prevents stains but doesn't affect coverage. We apply it directly on the contur and not into the mixture as suggested.

I've been using loreal myself more and more, recently. Looking for some good toner cocktails, as well as just generalized opinions on their lighteners, dialight vs diarichesse, majirel, ect. Thanks [emoji4]
user adamlea87 posted some really good toning cocktails check it out

I mostly mix the mochas with a natural on zone 1 as they appear too red for my liking. When pulling through they're awesome as the don't get kakhi or drab.

For skin staining we use the Efassor wipes you can order. They aren't like the Efassor decolorizer but a true stain remover! It works quite well!
But the best is to avoid staining from the beginning by using a barrier serum that you actually can't order by loreal. We use this cheapish one: View attachment 191529 I'm sure you can get a similar one by your local distributor. It prevents stains but doesn't affect coverage. We apply it directly on the contur and not into the mixture as suggested.
Hi there have the effacor wipes been long time on the market have never come across them

Anyone can help me achieve a blue violet permanent color with L'Oreal ,without bleaching ,we usually work on levels 4 and 5 here in malta

Latest posts

Back