L'Oreal: purchasing directly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashqueen

Reaction score
A few years ago, when I opened my business, the local rep told us that L'oreal did not like opening accounts for rent-a-chair customers, so I have been purchasing all my stock from either of the two local wholesalers that supply it. I'm finding they aren't always up to date with the new products and of course, costs are higher and would love to know if L'oreal have changed their policy in the last six years. I don't have a contact for the rep who I believe has changed jobs and google isn't giving me much.

Does anyone know if you can apply for a trade account online? Or have any details so I could contact them? Thanks guys.

Does the salon you rent from have a L'Oreal account? My renter has got round it as I place her orders, my rep does an invoice saying her name c/o my salon address, she pays me and then I give her the stock

Does the salon you rent from have a L'Oreal account? My renter has got round it as I place her orders, my rep does an invoice saying her name c/o my salon address, she pays me and then I give her the stock
Unfortunately not. Our old rep had actually advised to do something similar, as there was two of us going into this place, which was getting an account (under the salon name, which our landlord was fine with), and then placing orders separately with different bank cards.

It seems like it's really hard to get an account, but I am really surprised as to why. I always assumed that L'oreal would make more money if they took more orders directly rather than selling to wholesalers.

Unfortunately not. Our old rep had actually advised to do something similar, as there was two of us going into this place, which was getting an account (under the salon name, which our landlord was fine with), and then placing orders separately with different bank cards.

It seems like it's really hard to get an account, but I am really surprised as to why. I always assumed that L'oreal would make more money if they took more orders directly rather than selling to wholesalers.

Hi Have you looked at hairdyewholesale? I have been checking them out, I currently use wella and redken. They stock wella and L'oreal and they are cheaper than direct??

Latest posts

Back