Loreal Richesse Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca211

Reaction score
Hi

I have just completed my NVQ Level 2 - I have a question about a Loreal quasi colour that went wrong, and wondered if this had happened to anyone else.
My client came in for a regrowth tint and a freshen up of her colour, she already had Loreal Richaesse Quasi 6.32 on her hair which is a brown shade that had faded, we had no 6.32 so decided to use a 6.3 on her with Loreal Richesse developer, It came out Purple!!! It took most of the day to correct, she went home with a nice soft Mahogany shade in the end (but it was not what she wanted).
Has this happened to anyone esle with Loreal? And does anyone know why this would happen, I am puzzled.

Hi

I have just completed my NVQ Level 2 - I have a question about a Loreal quasi colour that went wrong, and wondered if this had happened to anyone else.
My client came in for a regrowth tint and a freshen up of her colour, she already had Loreal Richaesse Quasi 6.32 on her hair which is a brown shade that had faded, we had no 6.32 so decided to use a 6.3 on her with Loreal Richesse developer, It came out Purple!!! It took most of the day to correct, she went home with a nice soft Mahogany shade in the end (but it was not what she wanted).
Has this happened to anyone esle with Loreal? And does anyone know why this would happen, I am puzzled.

Hi, it could have been a reaction to chlorine or metallic salts , were there any test pieces perfomed first ?

Or ,
Just looking in the colour catalouge,
and only The Hi richesse range has the 6.3 dark golden blonde in it,

it says Hi Richesse lifts hair colour one and a half levels as well as depositing colour , and its mixed with the Hi Richesse Releaser
which looks like it is a bit stronger than the Richesse developer ,

Sounds like it may have been the wrong developer for the product,

the Richesse has a 6 , and a 6.01 and
6.23 mocha gold and a 6.34 honey chestnut the last two come under brunettes,
but I can't see 6.3 in the richesse

( I am wella trained and use wella ,)

sorry I cannot be of any more help , but perhaps a Loreal colourist may be able to help more ,
or you could ring the Loreal helpline ,
good luck minky :hug: x

Hi

Haven't had this happpen exactlybut some thing similar, the dye used in the .3 which is copper when not followed by another tone is a very strong red, because you mixed it to a deposit only (richesse developer) you allowed an over pigmentation or deeper deposit of the color- their coppers have a violet added to them to keep them from fading off tone or going orangy- (ginger is the term I believe you would use)

Lesson- if you are out of 6.32, even though the 6.3 is close, you need to borrow a neutral and a violet- 6.22, or 7.12 mixed with your 6.3 would have kept you closer to your desired. We turned my friends daughter purple...7.3 quasi developer, test strands later to figure out the why and a quick call to our regional educator got us the info we needed.

Hope this helps, the mahogany will fade nicely, eventually you'll get to your original desired formula....:hug:

this shouldnt have happened all i can think of is - maybe there was a little colour left on the tint brush /applicator which offset the tone - this has happened to me with pale pink h/l

Hi Ladies thanks for taking the time to reply, your answers have all been really helpful. x Rebecca

Latest posts

Back