L'Oreal Supreme to Inoa Supreme

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solohair

Reaction score
I have a client who has been having L'oreal Supreme 7.34 for some time and the time has now come to change to Inoa Supreme because of it being discontinued. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get 7.34 in Inoa Supreme so am changing the colour to 7.32. On reading the instructions it says to do a colour change you need to do the roots in the new supreme colour and then the mid lengths and ends in an inoa reflects shade. I am a little confused as called L'oreal and they told me to just put the new colour over the whole head but am very concerned about the mid lengths and ends and am thinking they could come out darker than the roots and don't think the instructions are totally clear as why not say for colour change do a whole head tint. Has anyone any experience of doing a colour change in Inoa Supreme?...

Don't add base into the ends. All you need to add base for is 100% grey coverage. Just the target shade should be applied to the mids and ends, we had a similar discussion today when l'oreal came to our salon x

Have you explained that is going to be cooler all over? 7.34 is really warm and 7.32 is very flat and often looks darker due to violet tone.
That aside I am loreal trained and always do ends with the dia richesse equivalent. If they are porous I use half desired shade and 1/2 clear.
The coverage with supreme is quite translucent so if you do a root to tip with 7.32 supreme then the ends may appear darker, especially if they are porous.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't add base into the ends. All you need to add base for is 100% grey coverage. Just the target shade should be applied to the mids and ends, we had a similar discussion today when l'oreal came to our salon x

Inoa supreme doesnt have "base shades"

Oh does it not? I've only worked with the standard Inoa. But I agree, 9 times out of 10 I use richesse or dialight on the ends to refresh or add depth

Oh does it not? I've only worked with the standard Inoa. But I agree, 9 times out of 10 I use richesse or dialight on the ends to refresh or add depth

Nope. Thats the idea of the product. To provide coverage but to keep the intensity of tone often lost when using inoa because you have to add base or double base which dilutes result xx

Thanks everyone. Yes the client does know it wont be as warm but fancies a change. I did know you dont use base with these so no worries. Am still debating what to use on mid length and ends as they are quite faded

I had the same recently with a client going from majirel to inoa supreme, i used to do 7.44 + 8.3 majirel, i did the supreme 7.34 regrowth then the equivalent in dialight on the mids and ends, it was lovely and even! Her colour had faded quite a bit first though.

Another if my clients had just mived from 7.3 majirel to inoa supreme 7.31, she used to have really fine highlights but they seemed lost si i moved her to supreme so she has a multi tonal effect with just tint and a softer regrowth... She loves it!

Good luck x

Hi, I would put new supreme on roots for 20 mins( make sure you mix enough for ends) , then take the rest in bowl through to ends for a further 15 mins( you could add a little warm water to the mixture in bowl to slightly weaken % or if good condition just add what's remaining! ) that would be fine 😃

Hi, I would put new supreme on roots for 20 mins( make sure you mix enough for ends) , then take the rest in bowl through to ends for a further 15 mins( you could add a little warm water to the mixture in bowl to slightly weaken % or if good condition just add what's remaining! ) that would be fine 😃

You cant add water to oil. Inoa is oil based.

You cant add water to Inoa colour becuase it is an oil based product x

Sorry yes realise now its oil based, I still have the first supreme colours which were mix the same as majirel !:) they have changed the supreme colours several times, and what you mix with them! So just mix up enough for the ends in the beginning :)

Sorry yes realise now its oil based, I still have the first supreme colours which were mix the same as majirel !:) they have changed the supreme colours several times, and what you mix with them! So just mix up enough for the ends in the beginning :)

Errrr pretty sure supreme has always been oil based....

Supreme have always been oil based x

I've obly used supreme before it was part of inoa. Only used it a few times was it oil based then? Before inoa ? Just curious x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've obly used supreme before it was part of inoa. Only used it a few times was it oil based then? Before inoa ? Just curious x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive used it for three years. As far as I can remember it was oil based. It has changed three times in three years xx

Just to satisfy everyones curiosity, I spoke to L'oreal for a second time and the previous product wasn't oil based which is why you could use it with regular peroxide. The new Inoa Supreme is oil based and hence why you have to use the Inoa DS2 peroxide as apparently it won't work without it.

Anyway, I did the clients hair last night and it came out great. Her hair is mega resistant and 100% white and it covered better than the previous supreme. After speaking to L'oreal I did the roots first and then applied to mid lengths and ends for the last 15 mins and it all blended fabulously. I almost freaked out at one point as it all looked very dark indeed whilst developing but when rinsed off it looked great. I did exactly as L'oreal instructed and measured everything to the exact amount as apparently this is very important with this product.

Some people have said these colours seem to be quite translucent but I can honestly say this wasn't the case with this 7.32 colour. Very impressed!

L'oreal also told me not to do the mid lengths and ends in any other product other than an Inoa oil based one as you get problems if they overlap. Other ones such as Diacolour richesse wella colour touch etc are not oil based.

Hope this helps if anyone else decides to use Inoa Supreme and is confused.

Well what if our client does go somewhere else and has other Clr put on and then come back to us?? Will we have issues? I just bought the supreme. Have been using majirel but thinking of complete switch over. Now concerned for my seniors that travel and sometimes in a pinch have to go elsewhere? I'd obviously recommend they stick with inoa using salon but what an inconvenience for them!

I have attended 4 loreal colour courses in the last 18 months and at each one we were told to colour match with richesse on the ends x

Hair2Dye4 - you will be fine using it on previous colours it's only if you apply at the same time and both products overlap to each other.

Interesting comment, Nearlyme, I was only going off what L'oreal technical service on the phone told me. It's obviously OK to use then if they are teaching this on their courses. Thanks for that info, it's always nice to know!! Interesting though how you get so many different mixed opinions even off the experts lol!

Latest posts

Back