Lori Nestore is coming to the UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, my first intro. Yes I have to figure out how to add an avatar. I will never be so long-winded again, I promise.

I am pretty dang excited to come to the UK! Things come up for me when I travel to a new area: will they understand my humor? will the waxing go well? Yes, even after 23 years of public waxing I still think this. In fact I think, what if I throw a party and no-one comes? And then I am happy happy happy to have full classes!

I started waxing 36 years ago. I know, you are asking yourself "how could that be, when she doesn't look a day over 30?" Well, there you go. Great skin care, good genetics, good life habits, and some surgery does wonders.

I waxed in my parents salon and when I went to work for my mother 23 years ago when she started manufacturing I took over teaching the wax classes. At the same time I set up a wax only booth at a Trade Show and did in-booth waxing. I was the first to do this here, people thought I was some kind of freak! (they were right), but people lined up for me to wax them. I taught the first wax class at a show and in 1978 the woman who started the Las Vegas/New York/Orlando Skin Care shows gave me my first award for teaching and she dubbed me The Wax Queen. Obviously it stuck. From there I did more presentations at beauty schools than I can count an taught monthly hands-on wax classes for 18 more years until I started abusing the poor students. Now I keep to running my company, doing classes at trade shows and trotting around the world teaching wax.

That sounded good didn't it? Cause to be perfectly honest, this will be my first time NOT in the US teaching wax. OMGGGGGGG! I can't wait. I am extremely happy to have contact in your part of the world and that we are all connected by the desire to rip hair out of people's bodies with lots of skill for lots of money.

Welcome Lori

It is going to be fantastic with you coming over to the UK and for a chance for us in the UK to actually see you in action as most of us have only ever see you wax on your dvd.

We will understand your sense of humor, the waxing will go well and lots of people will be there including myself !!!! I cant wait and I know others cant too !!!!!

I would like to welcome you to the salon geek and hope this is the forst of many waxing postings from such a waxing icon. With your wealth of knowledge and experience and 23 years of pubic waxing and 36 total is many,you will certainly be able to contribute greatly to this site.

Again welcome from across the ocean!!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Last edited:
Ok, my first intro. Yes I have to figure out how to add an avatar. I will never be so long-winded again, I promise.

I am pretty dang excited to come to the UK! Things come up for me when I travel to a new area: will they understand my humor? will the waxing go well? Yes, even after 23 years of public waxing I still think this. In fact I think, what if I throw a party and no-one comes? And then I am happy happy happy to have full classes!

Hi Lori

Wonderful warm wishes to you and welcome to the Salongeek. I am so looking forward to meeting you.

I am an avid fan of yours and your DVD WBOW has inspired me to go further with my waxing skills and I am loving it so much now. I have been more of a reader than a poster on your forum which is very informative too aka Jen UK.

I look forward to seeing you more often on here too if you get the time.. woohoo.... I am awestruck lol!!! :hug:

I started waxing 36 years ago. I know, you are asking yourself "how could that be, when she doesn't look a day over 30?" Well, there you go. Great skin care, good genetics, good life habits, and some surgery does wonders.

I waxed in my parents salon and when I went to work for my mother 23 years ago when she started manufacturing I took over teaching the wax classes. At the same time I set up a wax only booth at a Trade Show and did in-booth waxing. I was the first to do this here, people thought I was some kind of freak! (they were right), but people lined up for me to wax them. I taught the first wax class at a show and in 1978 the woman who started the Las Vegas/New York/Orlando Skin Care shows gave me my first award for teaching and she dubbed me The Wax Queen. Obviously it stuck. From there I did more presentations at beauty schools than I can count an taught monthly hands-on wax classes for 18 more years until I started abusing the poor students. Now I keep to running my company, doing classes at trade shows and trotting around the world teaching wax.

That sounded good didn't it? Cause to be perfectly honest, this will be my first time NOT in the US teaching wax. OMGGGGGGG! I can't wait. I am extremely happy to have contact in your part of the world and that we are all connected by the desire to rip hair out of people's bodies with lots of skill for lots of money.

Welcome to Salon Geek Lori, I cannot wait for you to come to the UK either!!
I thought I would have to come to the USA to see you in action so this is really good news.

Whoooo...

I cant wait to see some one wax PROPERLY!!! :green:

I am gonna grow every thing on hope i can be a model!!!!

EEEK... maybe thats not a good idea! I will be like a gorilla. :eek:

That sounded good didn't it? Cause to be perfectly honest, this will be my first time NOT in the US teaching wax. OMGGGGGGG! I can't wait.

Hi and welcome to Salon Geek Lori...your input is going to be fantastic for all us Geeks...I would have a guess that your PM in box is probably full by now:hug:

We are all looking forward to your trip over to our neck of the woods and judging by previouse postings I am certain you will receive a warm welcome when you do step foot onto our fair shores for the first time so no need to worry.

So waxing aside lets talk food :lol::lol:...giving Mc Donalds a wide berth I guess its got to be
fish and chips at the seaside,
toad in the hole,
traditional family Sunday roast,
a trip to Greggs the bakers,
a good old pint of beer in a village pub.
with all the running around we have got lined up for you I guess your going to need something to keep you going.

I think you are going to love this wonderfull country and all us Britt's and hope you also enjoy the trip.:hug:

Welcome Lori :hug:

Since Collin started this thread I have been feeling very excited about meeting you. I love your Whole Ball of Wax dvd and it will be an honour to meet you and see you in action!

Let us know if we should be growing our hair for you! :lol:

Zoe xx

Welcome to Salongeek Lori.

We are all looking forward to you visting our shores to share your wealth of knowledge on waxing onto us and WE CAN WAIT!!

It will be an honour and a privilege to be at one of your seminars.

Hi Lori.............how you doing? xxx

Whoooo...

I cant wait to see some one wax PROPERLY!!! :green:

You people can be so fickle! One minute it's all oh Kim / Andy we love you your the best and next minute it's Kim / Andy who.

Kim & Andy are amazing trainers / waxers and i sincerely doubt that anyone could be better no matter which continent they are on. Just because someone has a bigger name doesn't make them any better at waxing. Some of these comments on this thread can be seen as hurtfull to other highly trained waxers.

Lori i mean no offense to you, i look forward to meeting you. I just don't feel it is fair for all our finest UK waxers to be snubbed & offended in this way i'm sure you would agree!

xxx

I am not a skin geek,however,i agree some are fickle,that's unfair,but let me flip the coin a little and throw in another perspective.

Sam is an astounding educator here in the uk,i admire him and the opprtunity to train with him would leave me with sleepless nights in the run up to it :D

However,Gigi is based in Spain (i know it's not the US but i hope you get my point) i would be equally in awe of her and the opportunity to see here in action.

You see this wouldn't reflect of my admiration of Sam,i have more than one icon i aspire to.

Kim and Andy :hug: you are both very much loved and respected on this site by most (including me as you both know,and i'm no wax geek) it would be a great professional and personal loss if you were to stop contributing,most of us aren't fickle. Love ya :!: xxxxx

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your kind comments........it really is appreciated. Yes, it is very hurtful and I'm just a one man band who's worked my balls off trying to build my training biz and I'll never be able to compete with Lori and her huge company and of course Collin and his many trainers plugging Lori in every post and with links to her site.

I feel that there are some people on here who are trying to create a war between us and that's not fair. I've also noticed that some are trying to do the same between Andy and I but that will never happen as we're great pals and we respect each others different ways of training.

I may take a back seat for now and take a break from here. But hey! If I can help you with any waxing problems or you just need a confidence booster, you can email, PM or call me any time and I'd be delighted to help you out. xxxx

But you are our very own Wax Queen and we need you and Andy here with us.You are invaluable to us.

I for one am not fickle. Andy has been a hero of mine since way before I even joined this site. But that doesn't stop me wanting to meet Lori Nestore.

You people can be so fickle! One minute it's all oh Kim / Andy we love you your the best and next minute it's Kim / Andy who.

Kim & Andy are amazing trainers / waxers and i sincerely doubt that anyone could be better no matter which continent they are on. Just because someone has a bigger name doesn't make them any better at waxing. Some of these comments on this thread can be seen as hurtfull to other highly trained waxers.

Lori i mean no offense to you, i look forward to meeting you. I just don't feel it is fair for all our finest UK waxers to be snubbed & offended in this way i'm sure you would agree!

xxx

Eh?

I am normaly not into wax... i do it because its another thing on my menu... mainly because i was never shown how to do it properly!

Not once have i said 'oh kim / andy i love you you are the best'

I dont get involved in waxing threads... normaly!!!

I have hurd so... much about Lori and got a bit excited about her coming to the UK!

THATS IT!!!!!

we can all admire the skill, talent and reputation of more than 1 "great"....I have many...:lol:

Doesn't make me fickle...it makes me happy, happy that we have so many icons to aspire too.

I am not a skin geek,however,i agree some are fickle,that's unfair,but let me flip the coin a little and throw in another perspective.

Sam is an astounding educator here in the uk,i admire him and the opprtunity to train with him would leave me with sleepless nights in the run up to it :D

However,Gigi is based in Spain (i know it's not the US but i hope you get my point) i would be equally in awe of her and the opportunity to see here in action.

You see this wouldn't reflect of my admiration of Sam,i have more than one icon i aspire to.

Well said!

I missed the whole "fickle" bit? Who was being fickle, and what did they say to be fickle?

Or as per has yet ANOTHER thread turned into an excuse for certain people trying to have a go at others?

For the love of god!!:!:

Take a chill pill, there is plenty of room in this multi million pound industry for several gurus!!!!! Variety is the spice of life, lets celebrate diversity for once and not get defensive about it!!!

we can all admire the skill, talent and reputation of more than 1 "great"....I have many...:lol:

Doesn't make me fickle...it makes me happy, happy that we have so many icons to aspire too.

Well said and I think say's it all.....we all have someone that we look up to and admire.

It is a shame that this has turned into something it certainly is not.

I think we have already covered the aspect of showing respect to those pro's already here in the UK so lets move on shall we.

For goodness sake we are all suposed to be pro's..lets start behaving as such there is enough negativity flying about...lets see if we can all derive some posativity from this visit that gives us all some inspiration at a time when god know's we call all do with some:hug:

Hey bagpuss...as we seem to be finding it so difficult getting you a spraytan
maybe we could get Lori to give you a wax treatment :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey bagpuss...as we seem to be finding it so difficult getting you a spraytan
maybe we could get Lori to give you a wax treatment :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:eek: me and my razor are very friendly thank you...:hug:

:eek: me and my razor are very friendly thank you...:hug:

Ok I give up...we just can't seem to get you to get your kit of for us all now can we:lol::lol:

I completely agree with this! It was the comment about seeing someone wax properly that got to me as there are many on this site who can 'WAX PROPERLY'.

My post was not meant to offend i only wanted to ask you all to be respectfull to our own amazing talents.

Everyone can bring something new to the site and the beauty world lets not forget that. Lori has done really well to get to where she is but many others have put in just as much work.

I'm sorry if i offended anyone it wasn't my intention! xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back