Losing shape of nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlroberts97

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I can do to keep my nails from loosing their shape. I wear square but by the end of my week they are all shapes. Help if u can. I keep loosing my length as I have to reshape all the time.grrr

Can anyone tell me what I can do to keep my nails from loosing their shape. I wear square but by the end of my week they are all shapes. Help if u can. I keep loosing my length as I have to reshape all the time.grrr
I'm the same, wearing gloves when working helps and I now just resculpt to add length and reshape rather than removing them

I'm the same, wearing gloves when working helps and I now just resculpt to add length and reshape rather than removing them
Thank you for the answer

Why are you losing shape? if its from acetone, etc. then you need to work smarter or you may end up with over-exposure and potential allergy situations. Using things like plastic backed pads for Scrubfresh, acetone wiping etc. or if necessary, acetone resistant gloves. If it's from filing, then you need to address your technique and move your fingers out of the way!! :p I always file through the first knuckle on my left hand when I have a super busy week of L&P rebalances, everytime I start to bleed I say to myself 'move your finger out of the way then!' but I don't learn, I still end up putting it back in the wrong place and filing it again :confused:

You could also try finger wrap to protect your nails if its one particular one when filing?

Why are you losing shape? if its from acetone, etc. then you need to work smarter or you may end up with over-exposure and potential allergy situations. Using things like plastic backed pads for Scrubfresh, acetone wiping etc. or if necessary, acetone resistant gloves. If it's from filing, then you need to address your technique and move your fingers out of the way!! :p I always file through the first knuckle on my left hand when I have a super busy week of L&P rebalances, everytime I start to bleed I say to myself 'move your finger out of the way then!' but I don't learn, I still end up putting it back in the wrong place and filing it again :confused:

You could also try finger wrap to protect your nails if its one particular one when filing?
Very nice explanation. Thank you . The plastic back pads wonderful idea will get asap. As for the filing.I will see if I can figure it out. I am not having any bleeding or soreness on fingers it's just my shape changes like daily from square to round to lopsided. Again thank you.

Latest posts

Back