losing the will to live

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys i am going to do the conversion course, but these nails just are not staying on. I am using brisa and they are literally popping off. The whole lot is coming off in one shell , whats that all about please help:cry:
ohhhh its so pants when this happens ... i had it happen to me when i couldnt get any of my normal products in time so i had to use another brand n i did the prep that i always did n it reacted to the diff product ... i was in a right fluff ... grrr .... but it all turned out fab in the end .. few ... hope you work out wot it is xxx emily xx

:lol::lol::lol: This made me giggle. Kind of true actually!
Hahahahahhahahahah i like that ...lol xx emily xx

Sounds like your prep isnt right to me are you following all the correct guidelines etc ??

What is annoying me is i did my level 3 in nail extensions. Obviously we worked with all the systems, ie acrylic , silk , gel, but not specifically with a brand such as brisa . When you purchase brisa you get a video with the kit and should not have any problems from there. That is what is infuriating me. Even when i contacter the creative team because of my qualifications they said i would be better with some one coming out for the day and working on my main areas of concern. I can not fault my prep, i am very thoura as i no that with out the right prep you have no hope. I think it sounds like a multitude of problems. I will do the conversion course even though i am a qualified nail tech just to get my head around the system. Thank you all for your help.

What is annoying me is i did my level 3 in nail extensions. Obviously we worked with all the systems, ie acrylic , silk , gel, but not specifically with a brand such as brisa . When you purchase brisa you get a video with the kit and should not have any problems from there. That is what is infuriating me. Even when i contacter the creative team because of my qualifications they said i would be better with some one coming out for the day and working on my main areas of concern. I can not fault my prep, i am very thoura as i no that with out the right prep you have no hope. I think it sounds like a multitude of problems. I will do the conversion course even though i am a qualified nail tech just to get my head around the system. Thank you all for your help.
Even though you have trained in the 3 systems, different brands work differently. That is the whole point of conversion courses, to teach qualified techs how to use that particular brand.
Videos are great as refreshers, but they don't give in depth information, & you can't ask a video to explain things further.

Hi ya,

We all know nails that are applied correctly dont just 'ping/pop/fly' off by them selves, you maybe fighting a loosing battle without the brisa lamp though but here goes......

I'd say your prep needs to be looked at, ensure the cuticle remover is removed correctly, ensure the nail surface is very lighly gone over from side wall to side wall(from cuticle to free edge) with the 240 side of the koala, then remove dust and SCRUB in the scrubfresh to remove any oils. Ensure the nails are DRY.

Apply your white tips....making sure you remove the shine from them i'd use again a 'new' koala or a blizzard.

Then get a cotton bud with scrubfresh on it and AGAIN scrub fresh the nail only not the tip (or you'll melt it)

Liquid bond one hand then SCRUB in that first layer of gel and CURE, the you can start to 'build' do one finger at a time and 'lock' cure each one for 10 secs then move onto the next hand.

Check your apex, check you have applied enough product - not just painted it on like polish...you need to BUILD these babies.

When your happy, go over with the file to smooth out sidewalls and cuticle area and buff out any 'lumps and bumps' if you have managed to create any:green:

check your happy with the shape, and then top gloss....DO NOT FILE after you've applied your top gloss.

I too use akzentz there is a fab tutorial in the tutorials section of the site.

TOP TIP.....get some training on it - it will be much easier then, and.............practise with white gel so you no longer have to use WHITE TIPS or how are you going to go on when you need to rebalance?

What lamp do you have by the way? just out of interest

Amb

Latest posts

Back