losing the will to live

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
guys i am going to do the conversion course, but these nails just are not staying on. I am using brisa and they are literally popping off. The whole lot is coming off in one shell , whats that all about please help:cry:

guys i am going to do the conversion course, but these nails just are not staying on. I am using brisa and they are literally popping off. The whole lot is coming off in one shell , whats that all about please help:cry:

I am guessing it's your nail prep.

When I use Le Chat Nobility for overlays on my own nails this happens, they 'just ping off' :lol:

I think it's because I'm reluctant to take the shine off the natural nail, I just don't do enough prep :rolleyes:

When I have had my nails done by other technicians they are much more heavy handed with the prep, but the nails stay on :green:

I dont mean to sound rude but is your prep A1, are you removing all oils from the nail plate and also removing the shine?

Thats one think to look at but iam sure that one of the more experience geeks will give you more tips.:hug:

Befor i applied the nails i filed the nails removed any acces cuticle, lihtly buffed the nail, removed the dust. I am p*****d off. This lady could be come a permant client. Please guys i need some intensive training on line to fix this problem. Could some one go through what they do and were i am going wrong

It could be my lamp, Is there another gel i can use from the whole salers that will help me out till i have done my conversion course. Need a quick fix here guys.
When i bought my lamp from ellisons they told me they had no brisa lamps in stock, and i would be fine to use one of the other ones. Obviously this could be one of my problems after watching the dvd. Can any one reccommend a gel that i can use for now.

It could be my lamp, Is there another gel i can use from the whole salers that will help me out till i have done my conversion course. Need a quick fix here guys.
When i bought my lamp from ellisons they told me they had no brisa lamps in stock, and i would be fine to use one of the other ones. Obviously this could be one of my problems after watching the dvd. Can any one reccommend a gel that i can use for now.

Brisa gels need the Brisa lamp to fully cure them. You have come to the correct conclusion Jenny.

I use Akzentz gels that I buy from click here and this is a very easy gel to apply and very strong.

hank you darlin, can i apply this over a white tip. I want to use brisa but waiting for all this other stuff to die down and need some quick fix solutions now. Others wise i will loose this client and can not afford to get a bad rep at this time as just started out. Can you pm me with application methods of this product please , how long will it take me to get the gel and can you recommend some tips for a wider nail bed. Also she lost one last night so will want a new one today but i have run out of scrub fresh is there something else i can use till the other gel comes through. I am so stressed i really need to make a go of this and she is a regular client.:cry:

what about ibd, i no you can buy this from most whole salers. I could cry. I have no problem with nail prep or applying the nail, but can not sculpt yet so using white tips, which i no could be anouther reason.

You don't need to sculpt to use white gel. You just use clear tips, then create your smile with white gel.

can not afford to get a bad rep at this time as just started out.
That's why you should only be using a product on your clients after you've done the relevant training.
Why don't you use products that you trained with for the time being and then offer Brisa when you've done the conversion course?

Brisa gels need the Brisa lamp to fully cure them. You have come to the correct conclusion Jenny.

I use Akzentz gels that I buy from click here and this is a very easy gel to apply and very strong.
Jen (Nail FX, this could get confusing with 2 Jens, lol :lol:) do you think this is a lamp problem? I know that Brisa gel needs a Brisa lamp, but would the enhancements be just 'popping off in one shell' as Jenny2 describes if it was just the lamp?

I feeling that it may be more of a prep problem not helped though by lack of Brisa lamp.

Jenny2, are you:
1. Buffing to remove shine from (in the direction of) cuticle to free edge.
2. Dust off particles with clean/sanitized nail brush.
3. Clean nail surface with sanitizer/dehydrator. Don't overly wet the nail
plate with sanititzer. Just a little on each nail & some geeks even
recommend gently scrubbing each nail in small circular motions for a few
seconds.
4. Voila, you should be ready to apply gel.

Regarding the sanitizer, overly wetting the nail plate and not allowing it to dry properly can result in product lifting. I am thinking that you may be trying to be too meticulous about your prep. I used to do this and had problems with lifting due to drowning the nail plaite in sanitizor/dehydrator:o, lol.

Thank you so much mrs clooney, i think you have hit the nail on the head so to speak. Can i ask though, what difference does it make by not using the white gel and using a white tip, obviously we only apply a thin layer of white for the overall look so surely this will make little difference.
I think i am just worrying so much that i am over doing it

Hello as everyone has said you do need a brisa lamp, i had a few nail losses to start off with , i tried putting less liquid bond, and i worked the first layer of gel in to the nail more, it really helped!

I don't use Brisa Jenny2 but it seems like it could be the lamp to me. Good luck getting it sorted out.

The things is, if they are pinging off in one piece then they probably are cured properly, just not adhering to the nail plate properly.

Thank you so much mrs clooney, i think you have hit the nail on the head so to speak. Can i ask though, what difference does it make by not using the white gel and using a white tip, obviously we only apply a thin layer of white for the overall look so surely this will make little difference.
I think i am just worrying so much that i am over doing it
I'm not familiar with the Brisa gel, but it most definitely would be strong enough over a tip. You really do need to get the correct training in your chosen gel system before using the product. Are you applying your tips correctly? If not and there are air bubbles present in the adhesive, then this will result in lifting.

Systems are similar but not the same. Some are self levelling, some are not. Some are runnier than others and some are much thicker. They have different curing times and some need their own brand lamps. Some require a special bonding product. Also, it is better to use the prepping products designed to go with a particular brand.

As you can see, it is not as simple as just applying a gel with which you have had no correct product training. Also you may not be covered by your insurers if a client makes a legal complaint and you are found to not have the certification required for a particular product.

I'm not trying scare monger tatics hun :hug:, But if you want to do this properly (and you most certainly are willling) then seek out a suitable training course (there are many available) and this will place you well on your way to becomming a successful nail tech. Best wishes xx

I think after you have had proper training, using the complete system, there shouldn't a problem, as there are MANY, very satisfied technicians and even more satisfied customers. TRAINING IS THE ANSWER !!!!!! Advice is merely a quick fix.

Do the conversion.. Why get frustrated at a product you havnt trained for? sorta like crashing a car and then blaming the car not your lack of a driving license!! well sorta not really but you get my drift!!

When you have done the training you will have a few head slapping moments.. believe me.. I played with my Clarite' before my 121 and was sure i was dupped because it didnt seem to be setting properly.. untill i realised it was meant to be that way and was the roll off technique i was missing!

Do the conversion.. Why get frustrated at a product you havnt trained for? sorta like crashing a car and then blaming the car not your lack of a driving license!!
:lol::lol::lol: This made me giggle. Kind of true actually!

Can i ask though, what difference does it make by not using the white gel and using a white tip, obviously we only apply a thin layer of white for the overall look so surely this will make little difference.
It is recommended that you use clear tips or clear forms when using Brisa gel, this is so the gel can be cured both from above and also underneath.

It is not recommended to use white tips when using Brisa due to risk of incomplete sure, the UV light has a tendency to bounce off the white tips, this makes it difficult for the gel to cure properly and if that happens you risk overexposure from uncured product.

Latest posts

Back