Loss of hair when removing nano rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my first nano ring client over the other day for a refit. She was meant to come and see me at 6 weeks but cancelled, then cancelled for a week later, so basically she came to see me at 8 weeks. Even though I told her when I did them she would need to come to me at 6 weeks.

So I took all the nano rings out, some were more difficult to get out than others. I also noticed that there was a bit of dirt under each of the nano rings, so the client ended up washing her hair at mine because I wouldn't have been able to brush it all it without pulling at her hair.

When she had finished I brushed her hair and quite a bit of hair came out in my brush, it was a similar amount to say a weekly hair amount that I take out my brush. Is this normal?

Her hair is quite fine but in all honesty when I put them back in, it didn't feel like there was less to me. But she didn't comment laughing saying "gosh was my hair this thin before" but I know when I have my extensions out I always feel like I have lost hair because I am so used to the thickness of the extensions. Once they were back in the client was saying "oh yeah just me being paranoid they feel amazing again." But it makes me a little worried about why a lot of hair came out?!

The dirt under the rings and matting will have been holding on to 8 weeks of "shed hair" the hair you normally lose each day gets trapped in the rings and once they're removed all the shed hair that was trapped can be brushed out.

Looks scary as hell tho!

Hairygeek is spot on, you lose hairs everyday in a natural cycle, the hairs in the bead that fall out are being held by the bead. Don't worry.

Clients do always panic when they see the dead hair brushing out which can make you feel a bit uncomfortable but just assure them that it's perfectly normal, all bond methods u tips, I tips etc, as long as you have put enough hair into the actual bond itself then you're doing everything right. Xx

Mine always feel a lot thinner when i get my extensions taken out but a good trim helps and after a few days it is back to normal.
If there are no bald patches and application was correct, there is nothing to worry about.
It is normal to loose 50-100 hairs a day.

Latest posts

Back