Lost a client today.....I think!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
Having one of those days....
Been doing this particular clients hair for about a year now (wet cut 6 weekly) after being told that no hairdresser has been able to cut her hair right since she had it cut short. So, every time I go back to her, there's always a problem with her cut, I have tried advising against having the top cut too short due to the fact her hair is very strong and will stand up on end if there's no weight to it....but apparently I'm wrong! I cut it, she asks for more to be cut off the top (after me advising against it) so I cut more off the top, then the next time I go....."awful problems with the last cut u did, kept sticking up!!" (hmmm isn't this what I said would happen?!) so I leave it slightly longer....happy when I've left her, next time there's been "awful problems!" I charge £17 for a wet cut and a few times I've given her a discount due to her not being happy with the last haircut.
Anyway....today I receive a text from her "I would like to cancel my next appointment with you please, Regards ******* " so I reply "ok, no problem. Would u like to reschedule or has there been a problem with the cut?" ...............no response!!
Have I lost this client? I wouldn't actually mind if she listened to the advise I have given her regarding her hair, or if she doesn't want to come back to me then a simple no I don't want to rebook would be sufficient! Why do people leave u hanging?!
Sorry for the rant but this never happens to me and I guess I'm a tad confused (and quite angry!)
Any thoughts? Xx

sounds like you dont need this one hun..
I know its hard and as hairdressers we r generally caring people so we strive to do our best for people. so when they don't like what we do, we feel bad, but clients like this that get you down are just not worth the effort we put in to them.

just think now you have an opening for a new client that will appreciate you and your skills.

Dont worry about it, your probly better of without her ....

I had a regular client like this for over a year for a cut and blo, she came to me because her pervious hairdresser ' kept messing her hair up' every single time I cut it something was wrong, then I saw her when I was out and she told me she'd been to another hairdresser because she couldnt get hold of me ( rubbish !) and guess what ?! Could I do her hair for her because her last cut was soooo bad she can't go back, her hair will NEVER. Be right for her !!!

She's a bit silly if you ask me, not listening to your advice. But some people will just be difficult with that and not listen.

Sounds like she's not worth your trouble. There's nothing wrong with your cuts the way I see it, she makes them wrong. You shouldn't have given her a discount to be honest, it was her own fault for completely disregarding you. Don't worry chick x

Yes sounds like your better off without her alright. If she not going to listen to your professional advice I'd be dropping her anyway, she never going to be happy and it will bechipping away at your self esteem everytime u do her.
Xxx

You are definitely better off without her. Some people just like to find problems and will never be happy with a service, no matter how good it is. I'm sure you'll be happier without the stress.x

Sounds like one of those clients that will never be happy who cuts it. better off without her they cause to much worry and why they always text when they cancelling,its the chicken way out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all your replies, not going to let it worry me now. Definitely don't need clients like her bringing me down! Today's a brand new day and I have lovely clients booked in :) xx

There are people out there who are NEVER happy don't woory and don take it personally xx

Your loss, some one else's unfortunate gain!! Don't worry Hun some people will cut there nose off to spite there face. She will never be happy, no fault of yours. :biggrin:

We've all had clients like these ( actually there are probably a dozen or so of them that just go round and round amongst us all!! Lol). They come in, sit in your chair and say "I've had loads of hairdressers and they can never get my hair right" or some such rubbish. What they really mean is "I'm a neurotic, self obsessed know it all and I want you to fawn all over me and I still won't be happy'. I even had one client say "I always find something to complain about so that I can get money off"

Those people will always be out there. You just need to look on the positive side and thank your lucky stars that they're someone elses problem.

XX

We've all had clients like these ( actually there are probably a dozen or so of them that just go round and round amongst us all!! Lol). They come in, sit in your chair and say "I've had loads of hairdressers and they can never get my hair right" or some such rubbish. What they really mean is "I'm a neurotic, self obsessed know it all and I want you to fawn all over me and I still won't be happy'. I even had one client say "I always find something to complain about so that I can get money off"

Those people will always be out there. You just need to look on the positive side and thank your lucky stars that they're someone elses problem.

XX

Omg how cheeky! I'd be telling her in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't give her money off!! X

There's always the ones that think they are qualified in everything, and know best! I would be quite glad that you don't have to go, you most proberbly spent more time there than at others because she didn't listen. I would just think it now gives you time to fit someone in who will take your advise and be happy! Some people are never pleased!

Thanks for all your replies :) well if she decides she wants to book in with me again....I will be fully booked for a few months :) I can't be bothered with clients like those anymore, definitely too much hassle and it did start chipping away at my confidence, I started to think "what am I doing wrong?!" but I know I am a capable hairdresser so not going to be told otherwise by people like that! :)
Thanks again ladies :) xx

Latest posts

Back