Lost certificates - can they be replaced?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade Partridge

Reaction score
My certificates have dissapeared. I left them in England and they seem to have dissapeared in my parents divorce (I have not been in england in two years, I left them there as this was never meant to happen and I thought they were safer there than on my travels.)

Now I need them quite desperately as I am trying to set up a business in a different country and they need the originals to make sure that they are real as they are really super strict here.
Can I get them replaced, maybe not all but atleast the important ones....

NVQ L2 Beauty Therapy
NVQ L3 Massage and Body Electrical (with extension courses in Spray Tan and Eyelashes)
Makeup with Angela Pumo
Basic and Advanced waxing with Kim Lawless

I am stressing out quite alot as the business exam is in october and I need them 4 weeks before the exam date!!! If not I must wait another year. To say I am stressed right now is an understatement.

:mad::(

My certificates have dissapeared. I left them in England and they seem to have dissapeared in my parents divorce (I have not been in england in two years, I left them there as this was never meant to happen and I thought they were safer there than on my travels.)

Now I need them quite desperately as I am trying to set up a business in a different country and they need the originals to make sure that they are real as they are really super strict here.
Can I get them replaced, maybe not all but atleast the important ones....

NVQ L2 Beauty Therapy
NVQ L3 Massage and Body Electrical (with extension courses in Spray Tan and Eyelashes)
Makeup with Angela Pumo
Basic and Advanced waxing with Kim Lawless

I am stressing out quite alot as the business exam is in october and I need them 4 weeks before the exam date!!! If not I must wait another year. To say I am stressed right now is an understatement.

:mad::(

I don't think many geeks on here can answer that question definitively unless they have experienced the same situation. I think it may be best to contact the awarding bodies or training person/centre directly as they will be best placed to answer.

Ok I will speak with my college, but some of the courses were private so I dont remember the names of the awarding bodies :(

Ok I will speak with my college, but some of the courses were private so I dont remember the names of the awarding bodies :(

The person who ran the private course will know who their course is accredited by so speak to them. For example speak to Kim Lawless or her PA directly about the waxing certificate.

These things happen.

Certificates are issued by the awarding body, not the college in the case of NVQ's. You need to check if it was City & Guilds or VTCT and then contact them directly.

You should be able to get replacement certificates for a fee but you will need to provide as much info as possible about when and where you completed your studies. Check out their websites for Admin contact details and give them a call.

For your NVQ city & guilds (or who the awarding body is now!) you need to contact them directly it's approx £44 per certificate for them to search & find them - although they do not guarantee finding them but still keep the £'s. I lost my LVL 3 beauty therapy and they couldn't find it so not much I could do [emoji30] apart from re take the whole nvq! The private accredited Certs you should be able to contact them directly where you completed the training to request new ones - you may have a minimal charge for replacements x

For your NVQ city & guilds (or who the awarding body is now!) you need to contact them directly it's approx £44 per certificate for them to search & find them - although they do not guarantee finding them but still keep the £'s. I lost my LVL 3 beauty therapy and they couldn't find it so not much I could do [emoji30] apart from re take the whole nvq! The private accredited Certs you should be able to contact them directly where you completed the training to request new ones - you may have a minimal charge for replacements x

That is strange they should have you on a register. ?/

That is strange they should have you on a register. ?/
Nope not always the case from Certs over a certain time ago, trust me I wouldn't have paid the money to search for replacements had I known! Annoying as they can't even tell me why, but they found my level 2 & 3 customer service Certs not that helped!

Nope not always the case from Certs over a certain time ago, trust me I wouldn't have paid the money to search for replacements had I known! Annoying as they can't even tell me why, but they found my level 2 & 3 customer service Certs not that helped!

The reason why I find it so odd is that if for example you did an exam based qualification such as A levels, GCSE you could claim to have grades you did not (faking certificates) as they have not stored the grades electronically or physically.
Have you also tried your old college I would suggest this as they can confirm you have passed and are you sure you have the correct board , as a number of mergers or changes of name have gone on . ? And depending on board they can often send confirmation to third party confirming you did courses.

The reason why I find it so odd is that if for example you did an exam based qualification such as A levels, GCSE you could claim to have grades you did not (faking certificates) as they have not stored the grades electronically or physically.
Have you also tried your old college I would suggest this as they can confirm you have passed and are you sure you have the correct board , as a number of mergers or changes of name have gone on . ? And depending on board they can often send confirmation to third party confirming you did courses.

I've tried, it was 18 years ago unfortunately the college is no longer there, I definitely passed but I know things have changed, I know of another therapist & a hairstylist had this problem with replacements. It's all fine though now as I re sat my level 3 a few years ago with the help of a larger college and they were great [emoji4] plus level 3 has changed since I completed it with more up to date machines.

Latest posts

Back