Lost confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squiggle

Reaction score
Hi,

I qualified in beauty 8 years ago and have always done it round my full time job on and off I have decided to take the plunge and am going to be renting a space in a busy high end salon when they can reopen the I’m so nervous I’m not going to be good enough especially as they already have another beautician in there doing similar treatments has anyone else felt like this any pointers on how to gain the confidence ☺️

Is the other beautician self employed too? It would work better if you’re offering different services because otherwise you’re competing for the same clients. Also, if she’s been there a while, the other staff are more likely to recommend her services to their clients.

You’ve got enough experience so stop worrying about whether you’re good enough. Being fantastic at something still doesn’t guarantee success though, so start working on your business plan.

Have you got a good marketing plan? What is your USP that makes you stand out? Running a successful business in this industry requires a lot of ongoing effort in marketing your services week in, week out, so I recommend you have a read through some of the sticky threads in this section of the Forum if you haven’t already done so.

Finally, lots of luck with your new venture. :)

Latest posts

Back