Lost geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
Where have all the hair geeks gone? It's quiet round here nowadays! So many faces seem to have gone quiet and it's such a shame....please come back!

I tried messaging a couple but my messages bounced back saying "this geek is unable to send or receive messages" are they banned or just left the site but their profile remains?
Maybe someone in the know could clear this up for us?

I tried messaging a couple but my messages bounced back saying "this geek is unable to send or receive messages" are they banned or just left the site but their profile remains?
Maybe someone in the know could clear this up for us?

:0 really?! We've not lost a geek for ages! Hope not :(

Beginning with T ending with E and another I won't mention.

i thought this too :-( . i miss the sarcasm from beginning with T and ending E . XX

nope Hes back ! :) x

i thought this too :-( . i miss the sarcasm from beginning with T and ending E . XX
Is says "banned" on his profile :( it's a shame because I think it may be a case of newbies not understanding his way with words (I didn't at first and was on the sharp end of his tongue) please can mods help us with this xx

ive just looked at his profile and it says activity at 10ish this morning . I think your probably right though ( newbie thing ) its just his way , he doesnt mean any harm , just doesnt mince his words . Personally i think hes funny :) xx

ive just looked at his profile and it says activity at 10ish this morning . I think your probably right though ( newbie thing ) its just his way , he doesnt mean any harm , just doesnt mince his words . Personally i think hes funny :) xx

How about the others though?

Alot of newbies of late which is great but if they don't read and understand the rules and respect their elders on here I won't be held responsible!

People come and go, that is the nature of this site.
New faces keep things interesting...when people give them a chance ;)

As for any action taken over rule breaking, that is between the Mods and the people concerned.

CHarvey...I don't understand what you would want The Moderation Team to do to help newbies understand that rude offensive posts, are just people's way ?

I would think stopping people being rude and offensive would be the best way to go....and try to stop things getting stirred up, but what do I know :irked:

Alot of newbies of late which is great but if they don't read and understand the rules and respect their elders on here I won't be held responsible!
but your not old ;-) x

As for any action taken over rule breaking, that is between the Mods and the people concerned.

CHarvey...I don't understand what you would want The Moderation Team to do to help newbies understand that rude offensive posts, are just people's way ?

I would think stopping people being rude and offensive would be the best way to go....and try to stop things getting stirred up, but what do I know :irked:

With all due respect, I have been on the recording end of some very rude responses from several people (I won't mention names) and the mods response has been "oh that's their way" or "it's because the language barrier" :/) I have been called a bully when sticking up for myself, to the point that I actually avoid even looking at some threads if certain people have been the last to comment.

Maybe we could reiterate that the language barrier thing works both ways? And that of people think that someone is "dissing" them then send a wee PM rather then declaring war?

I mean no harm and do not want to stir up trouble at all but it does sometimes feel one rule for them and one for others when it comes to these matters :(

the easiest way to keep peace and happiness is .. just everyone be polite , you might read things that you think oh my god this person is x but if thats the case just ignore it and dont get involved that way the person asking doesnt feel they are being spoken down to and the person replying doesnt feel the need to get frustrated ,
this is for all members not just hair geeks by the way , lol

Bring back Tomme!

It's frankly quite boring without him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back