Lost my heart & soul!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claddagh Nails

Irish Geekette
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Having been posting of late (just 1or2 replies), but check out the site almost every day. :o

I have lost heart & soul with being the best nail technician, and can’t find the fight or sprit to get that dream back. :sad:

Almost eight months ago I did my last set of nails and they were my own after doing a full bridal party for an up coming wedding. Events of that day and the following days have stolen my heart and soul to follow my dream through.

Every day I log into this site and other sites on the web, read every thing to do with nails in the hope I can say, “Yes this is the day and I have my dream back”. :eek: Even have gone as far as buying new products, attending shows and seeking out more information on training, but every night it’s the same, “I can’t do it”. :mad:

Oh boy was Monday night a shocker :suprised: , when my six year old niece asked me if I would do her nails? Well couldn’t turn her down, opened up my nail case for her to pick out the color she wanted (gold with gold glitter on the free-edge). Well half way through she asked me “why I started biting my nails when I always give out to her & my other nieces for biting theirs?” :o I was lost for words and couldn’t answer her.

When we finished I could hear her tell her mum “their just like auntie ______, the day ___ ___etc.,
I looked at my case and started to cry :cry: at what a waste of products and training, all the result of one day’s event.

Know I surely don’t know what to do? :(

Sorry didn’t mean to go on in self pity but I hoped that maybe one of ye have or know of some one that went through more or less the same feeling and maybe help me come up with some ideas. :idea:

Thanking ye all

Hi,
Sorry your feeling so down about your future as a nail technician.
I think most techs have had the same feelings at times, Like any profession its not always plain sailing and we all have days when we may think is it worth it. But remember the feelings you had when you first qualified the excitement, the proudness. These are the feelings you need to bring back, perhaps do an add on nail course and regain that good feeling. Life is what we make it and if you get knocked down, bounce back up and come back stronger.
I am sure you will make the right choice what ever you decide, But dont beat your self up over it.
Take Care x

This is very sad to hear.

I wondered have you asked yourself what happened that day that changed your mindset all of a sudden, or was this a gradual process?

Whichever you probably need to have some reassurance of your skills and how good they really are!

When I did my first training course last year June i though it would happen overnight - instant sucess - but I am still struggling to build up a client base, and many times I have wanted to throw in the towel - but luckily i have a partner who is very supportive and when I have a set back he reminds me that two steps forward and one step back is still moving onwards and upwards....

This kept me from giving up and I realise it is a beautifull profession that I will just have to keep learning and practising and learn from my set backs rather than dwell on them

I went on a college course to meet other people and help give me more inspiration and the more I have learnt the more I want to learn and the more confidence I have - maybe this could help you get back on track or doing a one2 one with the company you trained with? Hope this helps and keep posting I am sure one of us and your own will power will get you inspired again...

So chin up kid and get this all off your chest and hopefully you will be back in full swing very soon....

I am so9 sorry you are feeling like this I too feel like this most days where l &P are concened and Fabric~ some days i am just pants and others mediocre. i dont want to be a comp tech just a good nail technician - but like you i need practice again. we donht just jump in a car on our first lesson and drive it away do we. Did something trigger that day what made you stop after doing your own - always the hardest anyway - i am sure geeg, sam and samantha have had days like these and they got better and stronger from it. im gonna try so c'mon pick up your tools and gtet trying... maybe get a trainer hand good luck and you know where we all all for help info and advice - this place is the best for that the top techs are here and are all so warm, freindly, helpful and knowledgeable. good luck

Hi,

We don't normally post here, just check out whats going on, but I just had to come on when I read this.

I'm not sure who this is but if you are a Creative Tek in Dublin you have probably trained with us. Please don't give up faith in being a nail technician, there are far too many brilliant teks here that give it up, we don't want to lose another!

Please contact me at the Academy 01 4599199 at come attend a free workshop day to help get your nail skilss and your faith in nails back on track.

Emer :) :) :)

Hi Bernie,

I think I know what you're talking about (if it's what you told me in the email back then) and I think it may be a case of trying to change the association you have with nails from sad feelings to happy ones, and this will only take time. I don't think there are any quick fixes.

I'm not sure how far away from me you are (I'm in Drimnagh) but if you think it will help you are more than welcome to come over for some 'girlie' evenings - we can ask Lindag if she wants to come over too (I'll make it when Sean's working nights!!), and we can have a messabout with nail stuff/airbrushing/body art etc., see if we can get some happy associations going for you...... just pm me and we can sort something out if you're interested.

cna ireland said:
Hi,

We don't normally post here, just check out whats going on, but I just had to come on when I read this.

I'm not sure who this is but if you are a Creative Tek in Dublin you have probably trained with us. Please don't give up faith in being a nail technician, there are far too many brilliant teks here that give it up, we don't want to lose another!

Please contact me at the Academy 01 4599199 at come attend a free workshop day to help get your nail skilss and your faith in nails back on track.

Emer :) :) :)

oh my gosh my pregnancy hormones must be raging .. i could have cried when i read this sweet and generous offer from cna ireland.. you lucky girl go for it.....

You guys are the BEST.

Everyone can have off days even after years of experience.

You pick up that brush just like everyday and sometimes it just isn't working for you. Can be something as silly as the height of your chair has changed or you are sitting at a funny angle ... something as daft as that.

Take Jackie up on her offer and then go see your trainer. Rome wasn't built in a day you know! You will be a better technician for not having 'come on' too quickly.

I have seen MANY who think they know it all in 5 minutes and then never progress any further ... it is true. It is worth the struggle to get there in the end. :cool: :lol: :cool: :lol:

well now ive stopped crying and got myself together i can type!!!! so sad what a horrible way to feel but i agree with every1 and i gave up training and practicing for about 6 months because i just thought i would never make a good nail technician but now i cant believe i felt like that i know i can do it i believe in myself and will become a good technician even if it means hard grafting. It really helps having this site its inspirational, helpful and to top it all theres the most fab people to moan, laugh and ask for advice. Do take the offers of help and meeting up because it may be the push that you want to get back into it, and i really hope you do, good luck x x xx

Girls,

Thanks so very much for your replies and pms, you have all been great and very suppotive.

Jackie will be in touch and thanks for your help.
Be carful Emmer may just take up that offer when the time is right.

Thanks again.

oh your poor thing, it is horrible when you feel like that , i did my training last year and am still not as good as i thought i would be, but i just keep having a go with my trusty nail trainer, i really feel for you, take up the offers and meet up with some fellow geeks and i am sure your feelings will become more positive, take care and good luck love dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back