Lost the knack

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaytee_dee

Reaction score
Hey all haven’t posted in a while !
But I’m needing some advice ! I’m due to start a new job on Monday !! Yay me !
Problem is I’ve been out of the industry for around a year now and I’m scared incase I’m ‘rusty’ or if my techniques are out of date ! Obviously I know my basic techniques but all my flair and eccentricness just isn’t there ? Will this come back if I just carry on like I’ve never left , I’m looking into booking on some courses to update my skills but what about in the mean time ! Why am I so scared ! I did this mobile for a year then went into a spa for 6 months ! Arrrrgh I’m so stressed !

I'm sure that you will find it all comes back to you easily once you get started.
I would suggest you do a few treatments on friends and family to get your confidence back asap.

You could make some little cards to hide in your pocket, that have the order of things for each treatment, then you can have a quick look before you greet your client for their treatment.
Also, when preparing for a client, lay out the products on your trolley in the order you are going to use them. This helps in case you get a bit nervy during the appointment...:)

Yeah I’ve been doing my facial massage routine on my daughter I’m sure it will I think I’m just over thinking it !

Cards is a great tip ! I may have to do that until I get back into the swing of things .

Thank you !

Latest posts

Back