lots of silly little questions...!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud

Reaction score
:confused: Hi, just a few niggles that I was wondering if anyone can help out with...
I work with BioSculpture Gel & Star Nail UV L&P

Rebalancing with gems: If the client wants to keep their gems on when rebalancing, is this poss? I'm assuming you always have to take them off before infilling / rebalancing? If so, what's the best way of getting the little beggars off?!?

Little fibres everywhere... A really silly one this: I use a large pot of clear gel, and by the end of the pot it always ends up with loads of tiny fibres in it, which is really annoying. It probably can't be helped - I keep my brush as clean as poss between applying gel.

Funny shaped nail plate: I did a client today (gel o/lays) who had one nail that grows in a strange shape, sort of curling down towards underneath of finger. I built up a gel a little bit to disguise this from the top view, but obviously still looked weird - other than taking length of nail right down and applying tip / sculpture... any ideas??
The same client has another nail that grows with a vertical split from smile line upwards - this is permanent damage - apparently caused by childhood injury - what can I do?

White Tips / Air Bubbles: How can I be sure that there are no air bubbles when applying french tips?

Charging: Do you have a 'charge per nail' for sculptures / tip application - for example to add onto usual rebalance cost, if a client has one broken nails when rebalncing o/lays? I.E. I charge £20 for a rebalance, but would include any individual sculptures / soak-off & reapply within this cost.

Think that's it!
Thanks x

Hi There

first of all not silly questions at all. Asking is the way we learn.

1 Rhinestones . It is not worth your while trying ot remove these little beggars to keep them for the client . I only chagre 50p each for stones . When it comes to rebalance/fills I just file them off and if they want another sorry but they will have to pay !!!

2 Fibers in gel pots . ALWAYS keep the lid on you gel pots when you are doing any filing . This will stop dust ect settling in the pot . Also make sure that you wipe your brush on a lint free pad before putting into gel pots .

3 Funny shaped nail . You can build up a nail like this in several layers but it will look rather thick. The best way is as you said , cut her nail as short as possible and then apply a tip which should then make her nails look uniform . The split in all probability is a permanet thing so by applying your gel over you will stop the split from travelling further down to cuticle. Be very carefull of any filing over this area .

4 Air bubbles in white tips . Ensure that you apply the tip at a 45 degree angle . Lower the tip slowly watching the glue as you go . Ensure that the tip that you are using is the right shape for the nail. If the client has a funny!! shaped nail . i.e. with lots of dips I usually use a gel glue for this which is slightly thicker than a regular glue and helps with this problem.

I can't see your message as I am typing this so can't remember if there was another question .

Hope this has been of some help.

Kind Regards
Karen
Light EleganceUK :)

OK Spotted your last question .

Charging . I have a price for fills and rebalances at which I allow one free replacement . Any additional replacements are charged for at an additional £1.50 . Therefore if a client comes back and I replace one nail the charge is £22 . If I replace 2 nails the charge is £23.50 and if 3 nails £25 ect ect .
However a lot of my clients are very long standing of over three years or more . These clients I allow two free replacments .

Karen
Light Elegance UK :biggrin:

laurawade said:
Little fibres everywhere... A really silly one this: I use a large pot of clear gel, and by the end of the pot it always ends up with loads of tiny fibres in it, which is really annoying. It probably can't be helped - I keep my brush as clean as poss between applying gel.
do u mean like the bits that always float in the air, like fluff? i no what u mean. its not when ure filling (i put the lid on when ever my brush is not in my hand) its when ure actually applyin, short of keepin lid on constantly, i don't know?

Thanks a lot!!!
Another quickie...!!
BioSculpture advises to soak-off completely every 3-4 rebalances, and reapply.
Is this necessary?? - with my own o/lays I just rebalance and infill because when I have tried to soak off I have ended up causing splits in my natural nail (my own nails are so weak and pathetic from my own previous amateur efforts!)
As long as the nail looks healthy and there are no probs, is there any problem with rebalancing forever.....?:lol:

Ta x

laurawade said:
Thanks a lot!!!
Another quickie...!!
BioSculpture advises to soak-off completely every 3-4 rebalances, and reapply.
Is this necessary?? - with my own o/lays I just rebalance and infill because when I have tried to soak off I have ended up causing splits in my natural nail (my own nails are so weak and pathetic from my own previous amateur efforts!)
As long as the nail looks healthy and there are no probs, is there any problem with rebalancing forever.....?:lol:

Ta x
i remember a similar thread a couple days ago. most people said u can just carry on re-balancing, and it just depends on certain situations, such as if client has claw shaped nails, they may need re-applyin to correct shape, also some clients like to have new sets. but if applied corrrectly (as a rule) u should just re-balance.

does ne1 who uses biosculpture know.

Latest posts

Back