Low lights on bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly2009xxxx

Reaction score
Hey. So I am currently doing my level 3 in hair dressing and we haven’t got to this part in college yet but wondered if somebody could help me please. We use Igora royal in college. I have seen on youtube hairdressers adding low lights to bleached hair to add dimension and yet they do not pre pig the hair . I’m really confused to how they manage to do this without filling the hair as my tutor said we should fill bleached hair when going darker. But then I think how could somebody pre pig each strand of bleached hair to then low light it when dry. Confused.com lol. Thank you

In some cases, you can mix your pre-pig into your main colour formula.

Do you think it would be possible to use a 8.5. Then the 5 tone would be acting as the filler possibley?

Yes essentially you can't pre-pig hair if you're lowlighting. The main reason we pre-pig is to add the removed underlying pigment back into the hair and thus avoid khaki tones when darkening.

You can, as AcidPerm says, add mix tone to your colour which will act to counter any unwanted coolness when darkening, but I feel its a bit misleading to call it a pre-pig as you're not actually filling the hair before applying your colour, its more a warm 'buffer' if thats the right word. Plus actual pre-pigmentation stops fading as it evens out porosity.

But yeah, avoid my tangent if needs be[emoji23] You can either add mixtone or use a premixed colour that has the tone you need to fill i.e going down to an 8 you need yellow/gold, 5 you need red orange etc... Sorry if I've confused you.

Ahhh ok I think I understand now. Thank you very much . So if somebody is a bleached level 10 and I was adding an 8 as low light I could use an 8.5 which is a Gold. Would that work? The gold can be the tone needed to stop the greeny colour is that right ?? Sorry just want to be sure

Ahhh ok I think I understand now. Thank you very much . So if somebody is a bleached level 10 and I was adding an 8 as low light I could use an 8.5 which is a Gold. Would that work? The gold can be the tone needed to stop the greeny colour is that right ?? Sorry just want to be sure
Yes that'll be fine, using an 8.5 will result in an 8.0.

Ahh your a star!! Thank you so much

Latest posts

Back