Low lights on pre lightened hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JILLDENNIS

Low lights on pre lighted hair
Reaction score
Hi All. I'm after a bit of advice I foil a clients hair she has probably 70% white hair and I use wella 99/0 as 1 colour and 9/3 as the other. It's now looking too blonde so I want to put some lowlights through it. I'm thinking wella perfect either 7/7 or 8/7? I use the brunette range so as I dont have to pre pigmentate your thoughts and comments advice would be really appreciated. I've been a hair dresser for a long time and sometimes my mind just goes blank.

Hi All. I'm after a bit of advice I foil a clients hair she has probably 70% white hair and I use wella 99/0 as 1 colour and 9/3 as the other. It's now looking too blonde so I want to put some lowlights through it. I'm thinking wella perfect either 7/7 or 8/7? I use the brunette range so as I dont have to pre pigmentate your thoughts and comments advice would be really appreciated. I've been a hair dresser for a long time and sometimes my mind just goes blank.
Depends on the result you want to achieve. I'm assuming her hair colour is generally on the warmer side. Maybe 7/73 would be a good choice just too keep it in the same family of colour. Even 7/03 is nice and soft looking. There are a few options to be fair.

Depends on the result you want to achieve. I'm assuming her hair colour is generally on the warmer side. Maybe 7/73 would be a good choice just too keep it in the same family of colour. Even 7/03 is nice and soft looking. There are a few options to be fair.
Many thanks for your reply, I've got colour touch 7/73 or 7/7 I'm going to take some test cuttings tomorrow and try both. Thank you for your advice.

Can I just ask would you always use colour releaser 1.9% with colour touch rather than 6%?

Can I just ask would you always use colour releaser 1.9% with colour touch rather than 6%?
Because colour touch is a mildy oxidative semi permanent (quasi) colour which is mixed with 1.9% for depositing or 4% for intense shades. It's ammonia free so mixing it with 6% won't get you any better coverage or lift. 6% is used with permanent tints like koleston perfect or illumina.

I used Wella KP 7/7 on my friends hair after she boxed dyed it blonde and ruined it. She was a fading pink and couldn't wait. It blended her roots and tie dyed hair in lovely.

Latest posts

Back