Low odour/no odour monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stassybeauty

Reaction score
Hi all, I am getting my practice in with acrylic nails and currently use glitterbels products after trying a few others out. I hope to go into business in the next 6-8 months and ideally would like a monomer that has less odour (I find the glitterbels one very overwhelming). Unfortunately my house is tough to ventilate well & the smell still lingers for ages after even though I throw anything used away in the outside bins, and some family members complain. So any recommendations for a low odour monomer or something to help with ventilation would be great! Thanks

Low odour monomers do exist but there are not great reviews of it, it tends to set much slower and softer, which can cause product breakdown. You need to ensure you only dispense the amount of monomer you need, use a capped dappen dish, a lidded bin and ventilate correctly. Family often complain but it's only a smell, it's no worse than household bleach and no-one complains about that because the perception is that it's 'good'

Ravair Ltd have a new wall mounted fume extractor that was launched at professional beauty excel a few weeks ago. It has received great reviews and many testimonials are on the ravair.co.uk website. This unit has many features including timers, sleep function, UV light to kill bacteria, Internal Ion Generator to provide "air vitimins" but most importantly censors that turn the unit up to full speed when it detects fumes. It will stay on full speed until the fumes have been removed then go down to medium then low speed. It has also undergone Full Independent Lab Testing that proves conclusively that it will remove 99.999% of the monomer fumes. It will also remove other household fumes and smells, pets, food etc and also has a graded glass hepa filter to EU Standard EN 1822-1 which removes pollen, pet dander etc to 0.3 microns and above, suitable for Asthma and Hay Fever Sufferers. The current stock is all sold out but new stock will be available next week, check out the Ravair website for more info and pictures.

I forgot to mention that this unit will also remove fumes and toxic gas from glues. In particular cyanoacrylate and formaldehyde of which both are in many glues for eyelashes. The testimonial below came in recently from a director of an electronics company whose employee was using cyanoacrylate in the form of superglue.

I have just spoken to the lady who uses it and she says it’s working very well. She used to cough and splutter a lot leading to several days off. So far she’s had no repeats of this. Her main duties are gluing and soldering. All I can say is so far so good and I’m happy to endorse the product.
Best regards,
Nick
Nick Shephard
| Director
LS Electronics Group Ltd.

Nsi have a spa monomer you work dryer with it

Hi all, I am getting my practice in with acrylic nails and currently use glitterbels products after trying a few others out. I hope to go into business in the next 6-8 months and ideally would like a monomer that has less odour (I find the glitterbels one very overwhelming). Unfortunately my house is tough to ventilate well & the smell still lingers for ages after even though I throw anything used away in the outside bins, and some family members complain. So any recommendations for a low odour monomer or something to help with ventilation would be great! Thanks

Glitterbels odour free has to be set for 90 seconds in a uv/led lamp, you have to use a much much drier ball and you don't constantly clean your brush while you work it. It is very different to work with than normal monomer.

Latest posts

Back