Lowering prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklygemz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've read a few threads around this but not sure any of them address my question.
I currently charge £25 for Shellac. I have just purchased Brisa Lite Smoothing and want to include it on my price lists but I'm fairly sure that my clients will be reluctant to pay £30 for a Brisa + Shellac manicure.

For a while now, I've been thinking about dropping my standard Shellac price to £23 so that when a client wants Brisa too it'll come under £30 at £28.

I have a home based salon and unfortunately there are local salons offering Shellac for £15-20. I know my clients appreciate my cleanliness, proper training etc but I'm still not sure that my market would pay £30 for Brisa.

What do you all think? I'm not as busy as I'd like to be with Shellac (I do a lot of facials and massage) and I'm hoping that if I lowered my prices, my clients who currently go elsewhere for their Shellac might start to come to me for that too.

Looking forward to your replies.

Do you have clients that go elsewhere for shellac? I'd be more likely to keep your prices as they are and do special offers. We do so little with brisa that I wouldn't change your prices just because of that. Many nail salons offer nails for £15 but it doesn't mean your clients will go there. I would do something like 'book a shellac with any other treatment for only £20' for example, so increasing your per person spend and no down time between clients.

Just a few thoughts.

Vic x

That's really helpful advice, thank you.

Gemma x

Hi all,

I've read a few threads around this but not sure any of them address my question.
I currently charge £25 for Shellac. I have just purchased Brisa Lite Smoothing and want to include it on my price lists but I'm fairly sure that my clients will be reluctant to pay £30 for a Brisa + Shellac manicure.

For a while now, I've been thinking about dropping my standard Shellac price to £23 so that when a client wants Brisa too it'll come under £30 at £28.

I have a home based salon and unfortunately there are local salons offering Shellac for £15-20. I know my clients appreciate my cleanliness, proper training etc but I'm still not sure that my market would pay £30 for Brisa.

What do you all think? I'm not as busy as I'd like to be with Shellac (I do a lot of facials and massage) and I'm hoping that if I lowered my prices, my clients who currently go elsewhere for their Shellac might start to come to me for that too.

Looking forward to your replies.

Hey SparklyGemz... More great advice from Squidgernetball... I definitely would NOT drop prices. Think of it this way, not all customers will need Brisa Lite Smooting Gel under their CND Shellac - only those that need help. Why do they need help, because for whatever reason their nails need extra and BLSG with CND Shellac over the top will given them that and THAT is where the extra £5 comes in... It is doing something / adding something extra.

Likening these thoughts to hair. If our hairdresser says we need a hot oil treatment because our hair is dull and dry, then we do it and we are charged for it... BLSG can help fix a problem so that eventually they won't need it... But with some they will need it always... It's swings and roundabouts but your prices are fine just where they are... HTH's.
Love & Respect

I'm shure they will pay the price. Don't lower your prices as it is hard to get them ip again. Better do 1 time offer or do it cheeper for your regulars showing them benefit of it and tell them how much it will cost if they want it in next service

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know I'm a newby but I wouldn't have nail extentions who were offering their nail extentions that cheap. I'm not sure about your prices in Surrey, but around here you cant get a setdone for less than about £30.
Ive been doing some market research this week (I'm thinking about workimg from home/mobile) and nearly all of them said that they would rather pay more for nicer products and good service. I think your prices are good for the services you are offering. Offers are a great way to get clients through the door x ☺

Sorry about all the spelling mistakes in my post but I'm on my tablet and it has a mind of it's own sometimes x

Don't drop prices if you are making clients happy and doing the right job!!!!
Can always make offers with discounts.

Now this hurts how cheap this guy is advertising.......
Not a proper job iam sure.. .
Annoying.

Sent from my D5833 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1430085302592.jpg
    1430085302592.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 70
Don't drop prices if you are making clients happy and doing the right job!!!!
Can always make offers with discounts.

Now this hurts how cheap this guy is advertising.......
Not a proper job iam sure.. .
Annoying.

Not annoying, Irrelevant!

If I wanted my nails done I'd avoid this person like the plague!

Vic x

Not annoying, Irrelevant!

If I wanted my nails done I'd avoid this person like the plague!

Vic x

Wish people realise this!!!

Latest posts

Back