Lowlights in bleach blond hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahdennis77

Reaction score
I have a brand new client tomorrow who is bleach blond all over and wants lowlights of about a 6 or 7 throughout I am wondering if I use a 6 or a 7 will it take and what strength peroxide to use?

This is the look she is trying to achieve

Attachments

• 1475428493017.jpg
    1475428493017.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 164
This is the look she is trying to achieve
I would probably use a semi permanent with 1.9% / 1.5% I use wella so I would probably use 7/3 + 6/71 colour touch with 1.9. %
Hope this helps

She wants a permanent so was going to use 6.00 with 10vol what you think?

I use xp100 from sallys x

She wants a permanent so was going to use 6.00 with 10vol what you think?
I would still only use a semi permanent, you get more of a saturated coverage on prelightened hair. Permanent colour has the potential to lift the hair, you don't want t to do that you only want to deposit colour, so a semi is perfect. I'm not familiar with xp100 but I wouldn't use 6.00 unless you pre pig the hair first? Do you know what the underlying tone is in that Brand of colour?

I use a lot of colour touch 7/73 in foils. An 8 can easily get lost in blonde. Definately go for a Demi over permanent, you will get a richer and longer lasting result. Tell the client it's permanent if she asks. I'm over clients dictating what products get put on their hair!

There are at least 3 very different tones in that picture so you need to think carefully about your colour choices and placement.

There are at least 3 very different tones in that picture so you need to think carefully about your colour choices and placement.
I can't see the picture ☹️

I would use semi with a 20v and use a couple different shades for your lowlights

Why would you use 20vol?

I would use semi with a 20v and use a couple different shades for your lowlights

That's interesting. What brand of semi do you use?
I'm guessing they're different formulations from the products here in Europe as the semi's and demi's I've used that require developer usually recommend 10 vol or lower for depositing colour.

I'm guessing they're different formulations from the products here in Europe as the semi's and demi's I've used that require developer usually recommend 10 vol or lower for depositing colour.
Clairol demi permanent gel color.

I'm here in the USA maybe color lines are different. When I've used 10v with it, it didn't stay in very long

I agree with Ronray and Olive293. I use L'Oreal, so long as there's enough yellow in the hair, Dialight 7.8 with 6vol is lovely for low lights.

Latest posts

Back