Lowlights in the nape of short hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gem26593

Reaction score
I have a client who has almost 100% white hair and likes to have lowlights throughout her hair to give it some colour without a harsh regrowth. The style is cut pretty short into the nape and of course the lowlights appear spotty once it is cut. If I were highlighting I would leave the nape section to be darker but I think this would look a little odd with the nape being white while the rest of the hair is lowlighted. Any suggestions? Shall I colour that section entirely?

I’m just trying to picture the hair.
Are you only colouring some of the white hair in foils with say, a level 7 and leaving the rest white?
Or are you colouring all the white hair so that some is level 9 and some lowlights are level 7?

With the short hair, if you colour it all dark, it’s going to be very noticeable when it grows out and as it’s very short, that’s going to be within a fortnight probably.

With my grey clients, I opt to use Illumina as the coverage is more translucent rather than solid and so as it grows out, it’s looks less harsh.

If you were using a level 9, I’d say colour the nape but if it’s darker, I think leaving it white might be better and utilise the contrast as part of the hairstyle, so a definite line, rather than a blend, maybe?

Latest posts

Back