Lowlights on bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amandahartly

Reaction score
I have a customer that over 10 months we have gone from dark to light using bleach highlights, she wanted to be light for her wedding. Now she wants to go dark again 😫 so were going to put a few different colour lowlights through. With her hair being so light, what colour & brand do you think will have best staying power? I have been using matrix 7m for a nice lowlight but it washes out fast! X

HairBy Amanda

I always use wella colour touch 6/7 is my preferred shade as it does fade slightly more to the 7/7 esp on very blonde hair xx

I love colour touch 7/73 for low lighting x

Use colour touch with some mix tone so it hold better.
I would do 6/73. And 7/7. So you get few different shades of colour as thats what she wants right?

Use colour touch with some mix tone so it hold better.
I would do 6/73. And 7/7. So you get few different shades of colour as thats what she wants right?

How will adding special mix make it hold better?

I have a customer that over 10 months we have gone from dark to light using bleach highlights, she wanted to be light for her wedding. Now she wants to go dark again 😫 so were going to put a few different colour lowlights through. With her hair being so light, what colour & brand do you think will have best staying power? I have been using matrix 7m for a nice lowlight but it washes out fast! X

HairBy Amanda

Have you been using permanent or Demi?

How will adding special mix make it hold better?

0/34. Can be used as pre pig so by adding it to the colour you do both at once.

0/34. Can be used as pre pig so by adding it to the colour you do both at once.

You can pre pig the hair prior to darkening with perfecton and that will ensure a longer lasting colour but adding mix tone to your colour will not make it last longer. Adding mix tone to colour just adds extra tone. It's just like adding one colour to another but you're intensifying the tone so it won't go khaki. It won't make it last longer.

You can pre pig the hair prior to darkening with perfecton and that will ensure a longer lasting colour but adding mix tone to your colour will not make it last longer. Adding mix tone to colour just adds extra tone. It's just like adding one colour to another but you're intensifying the tone so it won't go khaki. It won't make it last longer.

I'm deff sure by adding extra tones to the hair. Will deff get more of a true colour and hold better in the hair. Has always worked for me and got told this by wella so it does work.

I'm deff sure by adding extra tones to the hair. Will deff get more of a true colour and hold better in the hair. Has always worked for me and got told this by wella so it does work.

It's about the condition of the hair not getting a true colour.

I have also read that adding certain tones to your lowlight mix can work as pre-pig

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I have also read that adding certain tones to your lowlight mix can work as pre-pig

Yeah it does work as a pre pig in the sense that it stops it from going khaki but doesn't stop it from fading

Yeah it does work as a pre pig in the sense that it stops it from going khaki but doesn't stop it from fading

Nothing stop it from fading right? But adding mix tone WILL help!!!!

It does work. Always worked for me perfect.

It will stop fading as its adding the pigment back into the hair.

God sake the last few days iv come on here it's argument after argument what works for one might not work for another so let's just leave it at that , it's all getting a bit tiresome reading now

God sake the last few days iv come on here it's argument after argument what works for one might not work for another so let's just leave it at that , it's all getting a bit tiresome reading now
It's mostly women and only 4 weeks in a cycle so could be everyone's time of the month ? lol 😂😃

Just annoying some people think they know everything and like to argue.. This site used to be much better..

Just annoying some people think they know everything and like to argue.. This site used to be much better..

Unfortunately some people are taking WAY too much offence to being told their information is incorrect.

You've just been corrected a few times on what you've posted and you get so defensive!

Latest posts

Back