Lowlights on bleached hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle2510

Reaction score
i have a client tomorrow with natural base flat 7, been having bleached highlights with build up on ends, and 2 inch+ of regrowth. Wanting to have lowlights through as a full head foils with "caramel". This can mean different tones to different people so is kinda annoying when clients say this as a general colour.
I work a lot with 5/6/7s as lowlights but not really 8's unless im toning.
Anyway Was thinking of alternate bleach and wella koleston 8/07 20vol
Anyone's thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

I would foil the roots with bleach then spatch the left out with your caramel colour, at a level 6, it will appear like a 7 over old bleach, use your colour chart to determine what the client thinks is Carmel

You can't formulate untill you know what the client means by caramel.

My first thing will be to determine what she means by caramel, although she showed me a pic and def along the 8 line I think. I know it will appear lighter on the blonde but think the 7s will be too dark. Has anyone had much experience along the 8 line?

If you use an 8 it will look like a 9 it will also be lost in a full head of bleach

yes I see your point. Hmmmm I think I'm just going to have a proper consultation and go from there

I'd also use 10 vol if darkening over bleach

I would foil the roots with bleach then spatch the left out with your caramel colour, at a level 6, it will appear like a 7 over old bleach, use your colour chart to determine what the client thinks is Carmel

I would do a root touchup for her life
Highlights and do the low light Carmel color in between packets.

Oh right. Sorry I'm not really familiar with wella

Put all off the highlights in first, then go back through and put the dark in. I would use colour touch to give more of a glossy look i always stick to the /7 Brunnete tone when lowlighting.

Because your putting all the highlights in first you are giving them even spaces. If you do it all at the same time its going to look like youve missed a bit x

I would avoid koleston on sensatized hair. You'll get better results with color touch abd 1.9%.

Sorry, for the repetition. I missed your post.
I'm thinking the same about this client coming in Friday...
She says her current hairdresser uses bleach on scalp, mainly because she doesn't trust her to do foils as they are always too far away from the scalp.
She is leaving it up to me now, but we don't have heaps of time. She just wants a 'freshen up'.
I could bleach her regrowth as her previous hairdresser has been doing, and try to lighten the ends slightly so I could put a decent toner over it all.
Or foil the regrowth and maybe take some bleach and 1.9% thought the ends to clean that up a bit and maybe do every second foil with maybe a 7.7 and tone accordingly?
Any suggestions?

A
She says her current hairdresser uses bleach on scalp, mainly because she doesn't trust her to do foils as they are always too far away from the scalp.
She is leaving it up to me now, but we don't have heaps of time. She just wants a 'freshen up'.
I could bleach her regrowth as her previous hairdresser has been doing, and try to lighten the ends slightly so I could put a decent toner over it all.
Or foil the regrowth and maybe take some bleach and 1.9% thought the ends to clean that up a bit and maybe do every second foil with maybe a 7.7 and tone accordingly?
Any suggestions?
aghhhhh my file won't upload
Any suggestions?

My photo won't upload

How does the client feel about going to foils?

How does the client feel about going to foils?
She has always wanted foils, she just is never happy with the way her current hairdresser applies

Latest posts

Back