Lowlights or ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELLE BELLA

Reaction score
I have a lady that went from bleached highlights( not in nape as hair is short ) to a full head bleach , she’s had her roots retouched 3 times and has decided it’s too light and she wants to go back to a highlighted effect She’s about a natural level 6-7 , she has about a month regrowth . I’m considering foiling her hair ( using conditioner ) and painting between with a Demi 7 ( adding some warmth ) my problem is what happens in 6 weeks when she wants highlights again ? I do not want to re highlight over her hair as it will be a level 10 underneath and her hair is fine and prone to breakage where she back combs the crown !
I have offered olaplex before which she has declined , but I have been adding niophlex in with the bleach with no extra cost
I’ve considered lowlighting as an option but her regrowth isn’t long enough to highlight so she will still have darker roots
Any suggestions ? I’m mobile so I don’t have anyone to bounce ideas off

I have a lady that went from bleached highlights( not in nape as hair is short ) to a full head bleach , she’s had her roots retouched 3 times and has decided it’s too light and she wants to go back to a highlighted effect She’s about a natural level 6-7 , she has about a month regrowth . I’m considering foiling her hair ( using conditioner ) and painting between with a Demi 7 ( adding some warmth ) my problem is what happens in 6 weeks when she wants highlights again ? I do not want to re highlight over her hair as it will be a level 10 underneath and her hair is fine and prone to breakage where she back combs the crown !
I have offered olaplex before which she has declined , but I have been adding niophlex in with the bleach with no extra cost
I’ve considered lowlighting as an option but her regrowth isn’t long enough to highlight so she will still have darker roots
Any suggestions ? I’m mobile so I don’t have anyone to bounce ideas off
Highlight the root only with lightener, and then either add lowlights in a quasi but I'd go with a 6, because a 7 will wash straight out after a wash or two. Or apply a base colour in between of a quasi colour mix a 6+7, when she comes back in the quasi would have faded off, and she'd have quite a bit of her natural colour showing through, you could then probably just highlight the roots again, and maybe weave a few lowlights through to keep it split up, until the colour balances out to where she is happy with it.

Thanks , lowlights would be preferable but I’m not sure if there’s enough regrowth for me to hi light without overlapping
It would be easier if she had a few more weeks regrowth , she used to get her highlights done around every 5 weeks and it was a bit fiddly as her hair is quite short, we went with the full head as I could match the nape which was too short to foil ! I’ll get a better idea when I see it ! Thanks

Did bleached hi light ,.roots only was extremely fiddly as there was only 4 weeks regrowth ! Tinted the nape with Demi 6/0+6/3 and lowlighted every 3 foil same mix
Was really happy with the results , looked like when she used to just have highlights which is what we were aiming for
She said : um yes il get used to it [emoji850] !
Then made another appointment for 5 weeks even though I recommended at least six !
She takes no notice of any recommendations I make ie treatment or products ( she won’t pay )
But gets her roots done when they aren’t ready !!

Did bleached hi light ,.roots only was extremely fiddly as there was only 4 weeks regrowth ! Tinted the nape with Demi 6/0+6/3 and lowlighted every 3 foil same mix
Was really happy with the results , looked like when she used to just have highlights which is what we were aiming for
She said : um yes il get used to it [emoji850] !
Then made another appointment for 5 weeks even though I recommended at least six !
She takes no notice of any recommendations I make ie treatment or products ( she won’t pay )
But gets her roots done when they aren’t ready !!
I had a client like this! She would insist on having her roots done every 4weeks, and she was only going from a natural 5 to a 6/7, and a few highlights. She would have this done religiously! Then it was inevitable that there was going to be small overlapping every once in a while. Then she hit the menopause and started losing hair! Now she can go 7weeks becaus her trichologist recommended it!!! I was like what?!?! I've known you for years and been telling you this, and you choose to listen to a woman who you don't know?

Latest posts

Back