Lowlights to break up lightened hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilehair

Reaction score
My client has previously tinted hair Majirel 8 which had lightened up to a level 10 (if not lighter) ....she has very porous hair that doesn't hold colour well. She wanted the colour breaking up to create more multi tonal look but keep some of the lighter shade, I did lowlights wih Majirel level 8 + 6% and it didn't take properly, I think I realise that's because I used 6% and it needed lower strength peroxide? I only use L'oreal colours, would I have been better with Dialight or Dia richesse?? Or use Majirel with 3%?? Grateful for any advice.

My client has previously tinted hair Majirel 8 which had lightened up to a level 10 (if not lighter) ....she has very porous hair that doesn't hold colour well. She wanted the colour breaking up to create more multi tonal look but keep some of the lighter shade, I did lowlights wih Majirel level 8 + 6% and it didn't take properly, I think I realise that's because I used 6% and it needed lower strength peroxide? I only use L'oreal colours, would I have been better with Dialight or Dia richesse?? Or use Majirel with 3%?? Grateful for any advice.
You'd be better off using a demi permanent colour and go down to a 7. It's very rare you'd be able to see a base 8 through a 10. It's quite likely to blend in, rather than give seperation :)

Last edited:
Girl, use something on level 7 or even 6 warm. Mix it with no higher than 3% developer. You will get lasting results.

Hey MB,
I would use 6.0 and 7.0 with 3% Majirel or for a warm result 6.3 and 7.3 with 3% Majirel cool cover you need to saturate the hair with double pigment otherwise it will fade out very quickly...

Latest posts

Back