Loyalty card - am I too generous, any feedback?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine in receive 5th treatment half price, after reading this I'm having second thoughts!

:-/ more so for my clients who spend 50+ as a shape and Gelish is £20 so technically it would work out £18 which I would be happy with but For the bigger ones, I have a lady in once a month who spends £56 so hers would be £28 off which sounds a lot to me works out 50.40 everytime she is in :-/

I don't no what to do as I have them in now I won't be order any more either go for it or not I'm thinking :-/

I recently came across another geeks website where they were giving 20 percent off indefinately after a certain amount of treatments.. so basically the customer is loyal and after 4-5 treatments they would get the 20 percent off on every treatment when they come.. ( not in conjunction with any other offers)

This is really good for people struggle to increase prices so from the get go have a base price and then you can make a way out of reducing them through discounts..

I'm also considering this myself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you not change it to every 10th go?
I have a tanning salon and scrapped my loyalty cards a few months after taking over. Best thing I ever did and I found customers were still loyal regardless of a free incentive :)

Ahh really!!! Well I haven't got them out the box yet!! I'm thinking maybe to scrap the whole idea waste of money I no but.. Just had a idea and went for it lol I do like the thought of it, it's just the big treatments it will be hard to adjust to x x

Have you been established long? Can you not change it to 10% off?
They do help as a start-up offer but I think once you're established, their pointless in my opinion.

I opened my salon in June was previously in a salon for 4 years and pretty much all my clients followed with new ones in, so my name is out there not crazy busy! But paying myself a wage it's up and down.

They have been delivered with it stating on there half price :-/ I thought about changing it but to late now. X

I opened my salon in June was previously in a salon for 4 years and pretty much all my clients followed with new ones in, so my name is out there not crazy busy! But paying myself a wage it's up and down.

They have been delivered with it stating on there half price :-/ I thought about changing it but to late now. X

Just a thought, have you stated on the card that it's any treatment or a treatment? If it's not stated maybe could make a poster with a list of treatments they can choose from? Instead of it being any treatment. That way you could choose things that would benefit you a bit better.

Not sure what other treatments you offer but it could be small waxing eg brow and lip, a spray tan, eyebrow and lash tint. Mini manicure. Mini pedicure or both.

Things that are profitable even at a discount that don't take too long to do x

Just a thought, have you stated on the card that it's any treatment or a treatment? If it's not stated maybe could make a poster with a list of treatments they can choose from? Instead of it being any treatment. That way you could choose things that would benefit you a bit better.

Not sure what other treatments you offer but it could be small waxing eg brow and lip, a spray tan, eyebrow and lash tint. Mini manicure. Mini pedicure or both.

Good idea!!!!!!! It says

Receive your 5th treatment half price.
I really should have thought more into this!

Do you offer any loyalty schemes? X x

What about on clients 7th appointment they get 5% off.
Eg
1st app - £25
2nd app - £25
3rd app - £25
4th app - £25
5th app - £25
6th app -£25
£150 in total so 5% off.
£7.50 off 7th appointment.

Do you think right on card or just say terms and conditions apply then do a poster maybe choice of three

Shape and gelish either hands or toes maybe both ? I charge £20 each

Pedicure £20 is my express

Eyelash and eyebrow tint with shape - £19

Then it's just my waxers but could give them incentive to try something else?

:-/ I don't no lol
Xxx

I think this is a brilliant idea!! I would definitely go with this! That way you can pick your most profitable and less time consuming treatments but the customer is still happy :)
I'd add that terms & conditions apply & when you give them out, just say 'as a little thank you, you will get 50% off a selected list of treatments on your 10th go'

I'd appreciate this offer as a customer and may introduce them to new treatments which they may not of previously of thought of having!

Thanks so much girlys!!!
Yes an amazing idea thank you vanitybeauty!!!!!!!

xxx

Good idea!!!!!!! It says

Receive your 5th treatment half price.
I really should have thought more into this!

Do you offer any loyalty schemes? X x

Yes I offer a loyalty scheme, mine is spend over £10 and receive one stamp, collect 5 stamps and 6th treatment is half price.

I have a list of stuff they can pick from.. I chose things that can be done in 30 mins or less.

• spray tan
• shape & polish
• tint & ebw
• mini facial

Something to suit every type of client.

I think as long as it doesn't say "any treatment half price" on their card or leaflets etc then you can make up your own rules!

A half price shape and polish might not seem like a massive saving for them but it's a good way to get your beauty clients to try nails and nail clients to try a bit of beauty!

X

Yes I offer a loyalty scheme, mine is spend over £10 and receive one stamp, collect 5 stamps and 6th treatment is half price.

I have a list of stuff they can pick from.. I chose things that can be done in 30 mins or less.

• spray tan
• shape & polish
• tint & ebw
• mini facial

Something to suit every type of client.

I think as long as it doesn't say "any treatment half price" on their card or leaflets etc then you can make up your own rules!

A half price shape and polish might not seem like a massive saving for them but it's a good way to get your beauty clients to try nails and nail clients to try a bit of beauty!

X

Awww thanks so much so helpful!!

Defo will do this x x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415892731.036904.jpg

Gone with this? This seem ok, going to get a nice frame then go ahead with it? x x

I have been trying to come up with a good loyalty scheme for ages. After reading your posts I'm thinking.
Every time you spend over £10 you get a stamp fill your card (6 stamps) and get 25% off your most regular treatment. I will keep the card with their client record card so I can keep track and so it doesn't get lost.
What do you think?

Why not make it a discount off any treatment that way they may try something new. After all, if they're used to paying full price for their regular treatments, chances are they'll continue to, no matter what!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oooh I like the sound of that 😉thank you

Hi geeks

I'm been having a little re-think on my loyalty cards too. I over 6 treatments and 7th 50% off. I only do nails, manicures & pedicures.

I'm finding clients wait till their 7th treatments and go out out,I've spent a good few hours and it's half price I'm not making much. I'm a very small business.

I'm thinking either reducing 7th treatment to 25% off, or one point for each visit after 10 visits they get £10 off.

Hi geeks

I'm been having a little re-think on my loyalty cards too. I over 6 treatments and 7th 50% off. I only do nails, manicures & pedicures.

I'm finding clients wait till their 7th treatments and go out out,I've spent a good few hours and it's half price I'm not making much. I'm a very small business.

I'm thinking either reducing 7th treatment to 25% off, or one point for each visit after 10 visits they get £10 off.
Your 50% off should be for just one treatment. Eg if they book a manicure and a leg wax on the same day they would get 50% off one of those.

Latest posts

Back