Loyalty Cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choochy Face

Reaction score
Hey Guys :)
what to you think of loyalty cards? is it a good thing or a waste of time:confused: xx

Hi,

Good question, I think that it's always good to acknowledge loyalty. Several places offer these on the high street i.e. body shop, but these are often large impersonal places. Perhaps loyalty schemes for smaller businesses would not need a card, but you could track them on your records and offer an incentive? Just a thought.

I personally think they work a treat. You are more likely to retain clients even if you are chanrging more because they know they can get a free spray tans. They have worked really well for me. So i vote not a waste of time!
Goodluck x

Definitely works for me.

I have cards from Vistaprint and there is an option for a loyalty card scheme on the reverse which you can personalise. So I have "Have 8 treatments and get the 9th half price". And then in each square box I write the date of each treatment and if in one session a client has say an eyebrow shape and lip wax, that counts as two treatments etc. So any treatment, no matter how small, gets counted and you can see that it does appeal to those who decide to have me back again. And I don't mind if they decided to have one of my priciest treatments as the half price one (and expect it and even promote it to them as such) as I am fairly new to the business and I'd rather have "bums on seats" than not be working. Others may disagree with that standpoint!

Caroline x

I think I should add, the good thing about them having the card is that THEY can keep track of what they have had (even though I have my own records anyway), AND this means they keep your card with your contact details. We have to make it as easy as possible for them to contact us :) (But there is no accounting for those times when my mobile phone company decides to play silly buggers with my messages :irked: )

Caroline x

i like the idea of it.
my mum goes to a salon to have various treatments and she loves the fact she has a card. mum said its like saying thank you very much for your Lloyality and your custom and to say thank you we giving you this card.
The card is the treatment you have the most which in her case is spa mani which is 24pounds purchase that 5times and the 6th one is free! so she gets 2 free a year! makes her go back to get her card stamped so she doesnt have to pay on the 6th one!

She loves the fact she is well looked after and is recognised as a good customer. and she wouldnt go anywhere else!

I have tried it and found it hit and miss tbh. Loyal clients will always stay loyal if you provide a professional service. I felt like I lost out financially, but when I stopped it no one left me, everyone was just as happy and understood when I explained to them.

If you want to try it, just think of it logically, don't do just money off the 6th treatment etc and don't give away stock in my honest opinion.
Give them a free treatment like toe nail paint or hand massage or part discount on a pedicure if they book it in with their nails etc. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back