Loyalty Schemes - has anyone had any luck with them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymanda

Reaction score
I am looking into getting a Loyalty Scheme or recommend a friend scheme for my beauty salon and wondered if anyone has one in place.
How does it work and do you have alot od success from it?

Thanks Amanda

www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

I am looking into getting a Loyalty Scheme or recommend a friend scheme for my beauty salon and wondered if anyone has one in place.
How does it work and do you have alot od success from it?

Thanks Amanda

Funky Fingertips

We have just having some loyalty cards printed at the moment. We are giving one stamp for every visit where £25+ is spent. A client can claim their free gift after 6 stamps. We will keep a display of gifts which will have a retail value of around £10 each. I can't tell you if it is successful as we havent had our cards back from the printers yet. Our nail clients are nearly all regular clients - we are trying to encourage them to use our hair salon and beauty spa too. Many of the nail clients are regulars at other hair and beauty salons as until 6 months ago we were a nails only salon, so we are trying to encourage them to stay with us for ALL their treatments!

We did a recommend a friend thing a few years ago which was successful. It was when we were a nails only salon, and we would give a £5 credit to clients who had recommended a new full set client. It worked really well and some clients brought in a lot of newbies.

I will try the gift idea for a loyalty gift.

To promote hair and spa treatments to your nail clients, have you tried offering them a half price treatment when they book there nail appointment in advance - maybe offer the half price treatments voucher to use on a quiet day or time??? - if they don't want to use it themselves they can pass it on to a friend.

Amanda xxx

I will try the gift idea for a loyalty gift.

To promote hair and spa treatments to your nail clients, have you tried offering them a half price treatment when they book there nail appointment in advance - maybe offer the half price treatments voucher to use on a quiet day or time??? - if they don't want to use it themselves they can pass it on to a friend.

Amanda xxx
Funky Fingertips

Thats a good idea. We've been talking about something similar to this recently. We are going to give special offer vouchers tailored to clients who have been enquiring about having different treatments and need a little 'push'! We do monthly promotions as well which are very popular. The hair and beauty side of things is becoming quite busy now - just trying to fill in the gaps that our existing therapists have and then looking to expand some more.

Good luck with it all and if you have any good promotion ideas please pass them on to me as I am drying up!!!

Amanda xxx

Loyalty schemes are fun in my opinion!!! I used to get everything from Boots as I used to love getting the points... which I never figured out how to spend.... :lol: ...BUT... it did make me keep going back!

Then I lost the card, applied for another one.. then lost it again and forgot all about it .. so now just get most stuff in the supermarket as I hate spending in Boots without my card! :lol:

Perhaps I'm just ODD :idea:

I remind all my clients regularly that if they recommend someone to me then both they and the new client will receive a 25% discount at their next appointment and I find it works really well. It's amazing how many more people they find to tell!! (I did print some cards out but they always lose 'em :rolleyes: !)

When I very first set up as mobile, the first thing I did was to do the recommend a friend cards.

It was so successful that I have never had the need to advertise yet.
Yes you've got it 100% word of mouth.

It is very hard work to begin with but very rewarding in the end.

(Although I am only part time at the moment due to my little one, I am fully booked part time because of this scheme.):wink2:

So what was your secret Jules?

What did you offer them the client and the friend?
Did you give them a card/flyer - what did it look like and say on it?

Sorry for all the questions but want to make it a success and might aswell do something that we know works :)

Thanks Amanda xxx

So what was your secret Jules?

What did you offer them the client and the friend?
Did you give them a card/flyer - what did it look like and say on it?

Sorry for all the questions but want to make it a success and might aswell do something that we know works :)

Thanks Amanda xxx
Funky Fingertips
The existing client would be given a "Recommend a friend" card. With this they have the mission to find you a new client.
Once you have received a booking from the new client (quoting the number on the card), the new client would get 20% off their first booking, and receives a "Recommend a Friend" card (obviously after there appointment.)

As a thank you to the client who found them they get their next appointment 20% off. (plus a little 2oz bottle of Sensations F.O.C).

As you can see the new client will have the opportunity to do the same with their card, ........and so on.

Even if a person only books in with you once for the 20% deal, it is better than not at all. But it is important not to get despondent when this does happen, what matters is you get that persons foot in the door to start with.

Just make sure that you make it clear to your clients that it is a promotion you are doing at the moment and let them know how long you'll be running it for.

At first you feel like you are losing because you are doing the 20% deal quite often, but that only shows signs that you are building up your clientèle.
Even if you do it for just 3 months, you should see a difference.

I know I did.

Hope this helps!:)

I was given one today... but the 'friend' gets 25% off and then next time you come in, you get the same too!

PLUS they were doing standby appointments in this place where you could get 70% knocked off each treatment.. except colouring... but this included Beauty treatments .

This is not where I get my hair cut, as I am loyal to my own... but I am very pleased about this as I will get money off future waxing etc... just gotta find a hairy friend now!

the "recommend a friend" works really well.
The BR's in my salon have built their business off of it. So little money spent.
Another fantastic way to get your name out there is to do the donation packages for your local schools or churches. We as a team put together packages like " It's all About you" or ' Girls night Out' and donated them to churches auctions and school auctions.

PLUS they were doing standby appointments in this place where you could get 70% knocked off each treatment.. except colouring... but this included Beauty treatments .

Tell me more about this, do you have a cancellation list and then call up the standby client if someone cancels? Is a daily thing or weekly? I'm placing a full page ad in the local free newspaper soon and I'm looking for some ideas.

One of the salons I worked at used to do an 'early bird' 10% off mon tues wed.

Another salon I worked at just had an appointment card that was stamped each app and when they filled it in they got 20% off. Although its not guaranteed to get cleints breaking the doors down it will give the clients the feeling they are getting something back.

When I had my salon I copied this and when they filled the grid up I gave them £5 off anything over £20 (excluding retail products).

It did work.

Introducing a friend and giving them £5 off each for doing so, is a bargain. To gain a new client by advertising is going to set salon owners back a damn sight more.

Tell me more about this, do you have a cancellation list and then call up the standby client if someone cancels? Is a daily thing or weekly? I'm placing a full page ad in the local free newspaper soon and I'm looking for some ideas.

This is what it says on the card I was given:

STANDBY APPOINTMENT SYSTEM

Our new stand by appointment asytem is designed to accommodate last minute appointments at a discounted price, and apply only to certain services.

Hair services only include cut & blow dry. All Beauty services, excluding:

Any treatments under £10, Chromo science
Morpho Skin Facials, Packages

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Stand by appointments can only be made 90 minutes before arriving on that day or one hour before closing for the evening for the early bird appointment (appointments before 10:30am)

Prices are set on the day and vary according to how many appointments are available. No consultant requests can be made on a stand by appointment, The consultant will introduce themselves when you arrive. The price will be quoted to you on booking and will vary from each stand by appointment.

When I very first set up as mobile, the first thing I did was to do the recommend a friend cards.

(Although I am only part time at the moment due to my little one, I am fully booked part time because of this scheme.):wink2:
Would it be possible for you or one of the other geeks that have these recommend a friend cards to show us what they look like, i have never seen one of these cards and they sound like a really good idea, pretty please with Cherry's on top :lol:

offers i do-
  • walk in clients 10% off treatments
  • get 9 stamps get ur 10th treatment free
  • regular clients get a discount every now and then.
  • internet offers- only client that bring in the e-mails to cliam the vouchers
THT

when i was first setting up my salon i devised a loyalty card that was a set price. The card entitled the client to (roughly):
A facial
A manicure
Half price back massages for two months
A free eyebrow tidy
10% off retail products
Advance notice on new treatments/products
and more that i can't remember.
Anyway, the aim of this was to A) get money up front- this way i could pay the rent and the client had to keep coming back B)introduce the client to different treatments they may not normally have (once they try- they may book again)
This worked really well for me and i gained clients for life, and peole also used to buy them as presents for loved ones. It may not work for you, but this sort of thing really attracts new customers HTHs:)

Way to go hun, gonna try that myself
Thanks
Debbie

Latest posts

Back