Loyalty systems that work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek_11

Reaction score
hi fellow salon owners,

would love you to share what loyalty systems you use for rewarding your customers. i am a small business and want something that doesn;t get clients hooked with free but feel rewarded and incentivised.

thank you

Hi I use my hive salon software that has a built in loyalty scheme plus an extra 14 features. They only charge £2.50 per week cool or what

I have loyalty cards that get signed off after each treatment that's over £10. Once all signed they receive £5 off their 6th treatment.

I have a loyalty card where clients receive a stamp after each treatment over £20. Ten stamps and they receive £10 off a treatment. It's very popular.

Hi @beautygeek_11 you could try a refer-a-friend type incentive? If they refer someone to you who gets a cut, both the existing customer and new customer get £5 voucher to spend on products you sell? And you could make the scheme unlimited, so customers can recommend as many new customers as they like!

This way you're gaining new customers who've had a good recommendation from their friend, and giving clients the chance to try some products which may result in future buys? Alternatively if you don't sell products it could be a £5/10 etc off next cut? :)

I have loyalty cards that get signed off after each treatment that's over £10. Once all signed they receive £5 off their 6th treatment.

I have a loyalty card where clients receive a stamp after each treatment over £20. Ten stamps and they receive £10 off a treatment. It's very popular.

The loyalty card idea seems to be popular then! Have you guys thought about making the reward better in increments? E.g. 10 stamps = money off a haircut, 20= a free haircut, 30= free haircut for them and a friend etc? Do you think that could work?

I do 1 stamp per £10 spend per visit. So they couldn't buy a product on one card and then pay for haircut separately and get two stamps.

It's a free cut and blow dry once you have 10 stamps. On average most people have 8 appointments per year. So that's quite good.

However. I do colours with the cut and blowdry included in the price. And some clients only have colours and not a separate cut and blow. So that threw me. I knock off £10. And then I have some clients who only ever have dry cuts so they get a free cut. But don't want the wash and blowdry.

The first freebie has got one or two clients to have a cut and blowdry rather than a dry cut though.

I've ran out of cards now. So I'm considering changing it. And maybe knocking £20 off their appointment?

There's a few things to think about.

I used to do a card with stamps, after each spend of £20, clients would receive a stamp on every 4th box a different service such as brow wax, exp mani & 25% off once they had filled the card. It worked but I changed to points system that I'm trailing at the moment, but in all honesty I think clients like to have a card in their purse to hand over. I've just had some product/retail loyalty cards so for every £10 spent they get a stamp, a filled card receives £10 off their next product. A client referral is good to have to hand out to existing clients.

See a couple of our clients have a digital version of an appointment card on their phones. They show you on there phone, you tap it to stamp and enter your admin code. Simple.

Who doesn't have their phone on them nowadays and no more lost cards!

Here is an example of 1 clients.

is this something you did for them or an app ? not seen it before good idea
This is our apps we design for people. We are one of the cheapest suppliers in the UK for apps.

At the moment we are offering a half price setup for a short period of time:

You can find our pricing here - UK App Design
To see all the features you can look here - Mobile App Features

Also unlike many other providers we publish it to both Android and App store using our developer license meaning you don't have to buy one yourself. Lots of other companies say you need to buy one in the small print. It's around $99 a year I think.

thanks so much for all the replies. so its fair to say most ppl do cards over points. its getting a happy medium of rewarding without costing us too much isn't it.

Is I common practice nowadays to offer loyalty schemes in beauty salons?

We have a phone app for our salon with a loyalty section. Every time they spend over £20 we zap their app and 6 zaps gives them a tenner off. I have to say our clients love it. We won't zap retrospectively, they have to do it at the time.

Like Banner Penguins, ours is available via Android or on the app store. We had a quote from a cold call company that worked out at no charge to build the app, and £120 per month hosting. He said that this is the charge that android and apple make which is absolute b*ll*cks.

Vic x

I love the idea of the app! Sounds brilliant!

I am just in the process of having a loyalty card designed...I have gone with the client receives a stamp for every visit over £20 and after they collect 5 stamps they receive £5 off on their 6th treatment.

Could I just ask...where have you all bought your stamps from? I would ideally like a personalised one. X

I have 2 systems so I have a card every £10 they get a stamp once it's full they get £10 off over a £30 spend and I also have an app so after 6 visit they get a free 15 stress relief massage either scalp or back or foot and leg or hand.

Latest posts

Back