lumps,bumps and broken tip!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
hi all ive done a set of nails on my sister and my neighbour over the weekend but one of my sisters nails have snapped from the tip and also i cant get the lumps and grooves out of my neighbours nails im just wondering if it might be that the gel isnt curing very well??? my lamp is only a few months old and is what came with my course (essential nails gel course) the gel is also from my course (dream uni phase) its all left me very dis-heartend and feeling a little sorry for myself :cry: just wondering if anyone has any advise? ive only been at this a few months and thought i was doing quite well........ the nail trainer has never complained lol xxx

Check to see if you need new bulbs. Take a finishing gel and put a drop of it on a form or something, "cook" it for the amount of time it is suposed to cook, then wipe with acetone or cleaner. If it is dull you need new bulbs.
I like Akzentz gel I have never had problems with it.
Make sure you take plenty of time to work on real people. The nail trainer is nice but there's nothing like real Flesh & Blood! (but try to leave those out!!)

Hiya,

If the tip is breaking off it may be that you havent build up a sufficient apex, it would be like hanging a shelf and putting both brackets at one end, then placing a heavy book at the non supported end, most likely it would snap. The enhancement needs to be supported by the apex to make the free edge stronger.

With the 'lumps and bumps', do they appear after you have cured like craters, or do you mean once you have done a full set there are ridges, like from the white to the pink or lumps down need the cuticle? If it's craters, it could be that you are either applying too little or too much gel, or if it's ridges etc. try working with less products and taking your time to tease it into the right area, then freeze curing. Do you refine after you are finished a full set, before you apply finishing gloss? Iv been doing gels for 3 years and still have to refine some sets, buffing and smoothing before I put my gloss on.

I would however check your lamps too as suggested.

Dont get disheartened...please:hug:, we all feel like that now and then, the nail trainer is a great idea, but it doesnt test how strong/flexible/durable your extensions are going to be. Just pratice loads, ask your sister and neighbour if you could give it another go!

'Lumps and bumps' - make sure you wipe the nail properly after filing to ensure you have removed all the dust, etc before applying product.

make sure you haven't got any small air bubbles in your gel. if you have bubbles and then cure and wipe eventually the bubbles will leave tiny holes on the surface.

Latest posts

Back