Lupus and gel polish

Hi everyone,
I’m wondering if anyone has experience of Lupus and gel polish or indeed any polish? I’ve been reading (on NHS site) that pretty much all polishes/acetone etc should be avoided, as should the uv lamps as they can cause a flare up of symptoms? I’d be very grateful if anyone has any personal experience of this they could share.
Many thanks x

Hi everyone,
I’m wondering if anyone has experience of Lupus and gel polish or indeed any polish? I’ve been reading (on NHS site) that pretty much all polishes/acetone etc should be avoided, as should the uv lamps as they can cause a flare up of symptoms? I’d be very grateful if anyone has any personal experience of this they could share.
Many thanks x
I’m gunna jump in on this to see what ppl sat x my mum has lupus and I gel her nail Iv never had any problems x

I’m sorry no one has replied. My daughter is being tested for it and I’ve done gels on her nails a lot recently. I have read many articles stating that UV light can cause a Lupus flare up (along with other things such as sunlight and fluorescent light). People have different triggers. I used a new lamp today and in the instructions it states that people with UV issues shouldn’t be using these lamps.
I made a mistake, it was the Lupus website itself not the NHS site the article was on https://www.lupusuk.org.uk/nail-care/
Lots to think about x

CFBS