LUSH US extensions -yes or no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got the lush us hair delivered this week and fitted 2 sets, quality seems nice for the price and the bonds are really hard!
i hope the delivery problems you had were a one off, i got mine no bother and also a phone call from the girls as part of my order may not have came but it did so happy days :) clients both very happy with the hair, so i hope you get yours soon x

Hi i have been using Lush-us uk and Hairxtensions.co.uk for a year now and have also used the new upgraded classic hair from Lush last week, and to be honest i am not happy with the bonds they are so hard! I love Hairxtensions bonds as they are lovely and soft and melt easily...but the hair does expand, and go dry very quickly and a lot of my clients complain that their scalp becomes really itchy after a few weeks of having this hair in!
I really want to try a different brand but i like to stick with what i know...does anyone recommend Foxy or Hair Planet? I have to stick with the cheaper brands as i live in quite a poor area and people can't/won't pay anymore!!

Would really appreciate your feedback

Kelly x

a big yes from me for lush us, found them to be excellent all round and great price.

tigi

No No No!!! Had really bad experience with them, I done my training through them I love the hair but................ every order I have placed with them has been wrong or not delivered on time and I have lost out on hundreds of pounds due to this!!!! :mad:

Oh dear! I order from them regularly and haven't really had any major problems - is it them or the delivery company???

Just looked at the stick hair for microloop hair extension from lush Would you recommend this hair?? If not where do you get yours?

Anytime I've ordered with Lush-Us it's genuinely a mistake royal mail have made or the courier service they sometimes use.
I like the hair and the service, they always bend over backwards to make me happy :)

I buy my own hair and get some one to put the extentions in for me, I would say Foxy every time, Having read on here that Lush Us was a very good quality company I purchased the hair. I got a #60 the colour was of an orange tone which would not lift with either bleach/silver shampoo/toner. The hair would not straighten or blowdry every well. ergh what a waste of money. I took it out after only 4 weeks. Foxy hair is really good for a budget also all my friends both get their hair from and done by the girl who owns it top marks on both!

It really is interesting reading all of these threads as I still would like a few back up suppliers and am amazed at what different experiences we've all had. I tried foxy a few months ago for a couple of clients and had massive issues with removals - it seems they have recently had major problems with their hair - but as we all know - when you've had a bad experience your reluctant to try again. I've used Lush-Us for over 4 years and not had any major issues (nothing that wasn't resolvable anyway). Just for info whatabimbo, but most hair pros will tell you the same regarding colouring extensions (unless virgin hair) that it's not advisable due to the processing the hair has already undergone to become #60, any additional processing can totally dry the extension hair out! Personally I don't colour any extensions, as with good colour matching and mixing I've not come across a head yet that wasn't achievable/ #60 is only available from limited suppliers due to the intense processing and although it resembles a very high lift blonde doesn't usually come platinum. Hope this helps and will keep reading this thread with much interest xx

Very interesting how we we all have such different experiences. I really liked lush us and I always try different hair on my friends as a trial and they pay less and two of them said they liked another brand over lush us even though I though lush us felt better and had thicker strands. Such a struggle undoing good affordable hair! I really try to push Balmain now but it's not always easy.

No No No!!! Had really bad experience with them, I done my training through them I love the hair but................ every order I have placed with them has been wrong or not delivered on time and I have lost out on hundreds of pounds due to this!!!! :mad:

Sounds unusual from Lush?
maybe a problem with the delivery service,or maybe you're not placing your orders correctly?
I'm sure it's nothing that cant be resolved, would be a shame to miss out on a hair and prices like theres just because of minor problems?
Kate x

I use Lush-Us as a budget option in our salon. For what they cost, you cant fault them I think. Ok so they arent top line, but good value for money. Hair is good and thick, delivery is quick and usually correct. Sometimes the colours dont match the colours on the colour ring very well, but Ive found the customer service really helpfull. Worth a try I think xxx

Hi all!

Just been reading this thread and found it interesting. I trained with Lushus in August 2010 and found teh training great, i did it along with my friend and we both found it thorough. I since used Lushus for hair and have also recently used Hairplanet - 18" and 16" on my friends hair and have found it excellent - Microloop. Looks great and the variation of lengths has given such a natural appearance.

Sadly i dont do extensions at the moment - only on my friends, i found customers to be not happy, i suspect this ha ssomething to do with there caring for the hair afterfitting - i only now fit into my friends who took the course with me - she knows exacty how she should be caring for her extensions and has no problems with them at all so i know first hand that there is nothing wrong woith how i am doing them at all, peopple just seem to think they are easy to care for and when tehy dont look after them it ust be my fault for fitting them badly. I am at college doing hair dressing at the moment and loving every second, who knows may be once i finish i might do a refresher on extensions and try again then.

But i would recomennd Hairplanet for microloop at the moment. Havent tried Lushus new hair so cant comment.

Hi all!

Just been reading this thread and found it interesting. I trained with Lushus in August 2010 and found teh training great, i did it along with my friend and we both found it thorough. I since used Lushus for hair and have also recently used Hairplanet - 18" and 16" on my friends hair and have found it excellent - Microloop. Looks great and the variation of lengths has given such a natural appearance.

Sadly i dont do extensions at the moment - only on my friends, i found customers to be not happy, i suspect this ha ssomething to do with there caring for the hair afterfitting - i only now fit into my friends who took the course with me - she knows exacty how she should be caring for her extensions and has no problems with them at all so i know first hand that there is nothing wrong woith how i am doing them at all, peopple just seem to think they are easy to care for and when tehy dont look after them it ust be my fault for fitting them badly. I am at college doing hair dressing at the moment and loving every second, who knows may be once i finish i might do a refresher on extensions and try again then.

But i would recomennd Hairplanet for microloop at the moment. Havent tried Lushus new hair so cant comment.

I am finding this also. It is so frustrating when clients don't follow my aftercare sheet and don't take proper are of their extensions. I have had clients, with same hair of best quality, put in almost the same time with the same method, but one knows the time and effort it requires and hers look great and healthy while the other thinks its like your hair exactly and forgets it doesn't get the nutrients and oil from the scalp, she doesn't style them or anything and hers look quite bad.

It really frustrates me as I have to put my name on it even though the fitting is great. I really really try to drill in my clients hair proper aftercare but sometimes it just doesn't get through. So I do kind of see where you are coming from but we just need to keep trying to make our fliers understand and to make sure our work doesn't end with the fitting but keep reminding them and suggesting Maintenence visits.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you all know I've just modelled for Lush us uk's new cutting demo dvd for there cutting course,and had a full head of there new "classic" hair fitted, number 2 & 3 and it's gorgeous, since I was 15 and I first started having extensions I've either 200 bonds of 18" or now and then I will have 22", left all one length,and just slightly razored in.

But for purpose of the demonstration cut, Ive had 100 bonds scattered through and a convex, concave cut on it, its around 16" at its longest point,and I love it, I washed the hair this morning,and it's so silky.I wouldnt of even had to blow dry it, could of just scrunched it because of the cut.So thumbs up from me!
kate x

Hi i have been using Lush-us uk and Hairxtensions.co.uk for a year now and have also used the new upgraded classic hair from Lush last week, and to be honest i am not happy with the bonds they are so hard! I love Hairxtensions bonds as they are lovely and soft and melt easily...but the hair does expand, and go dry very quickly and a lot of my clients complain that their scalp becomes really itchy after a few weeks of having this hair in!
I really want to try a different brand but i like to stick with what i know...does anyone recommend Foxy or Hair Planet? I have to stick with the cheaper brands as i live in quite a poor area and people can't/won't pay anymore!!

Would really appreciate your feedback

Kelly x

omg same thing has happened to me,ive had it in since dec and its super itchy, very very very dry and frizzy and extremely thin(was meant to be 1g strands) and hair looks broken. i am sooo upset,waste of money,disappointed.x

omg same thing has happened to me,ive had it in since dec and its super itchy, very very very dry and frizzy and extremely thin(was meant to be 1g strands) and hair looks broken. i am sooo upset,waste of money,disappointed.x

lush hair was good for first 2 weeks then the outer silicone layer mustve stripped off cos i can tell chinese hair when i see it.so angry x

lush hair was good for first 2 weeks then the outer silicone layer mustve stripped off cos i can tell chinese hair when i see it.so angry x

Most of my clients prefer Lush-Us and I wear it.... I definitely don't think it's Chinese!

Most of my clients prefer Lush-Us and I wear it.... I definitely don't think it's Chinese!

oh my! id agree that my clients are prefering lush-us now aswell, only started using in at the end of Nov though but had a lot of recommendations from the first few girls, and at maintenence appointments its still looking good and only a few needing replaced. really dont think its chinese......
i suppose though if clients are wanting super duper amazing hair they have to be prepared to pay accordingly, and lush-us, hairtrade etc etc are budget on the grand scheme of extensions!
i would have called them up and complained if it started looking cr*p after 2 weeks if the aftercare was being followed! x

Latest posts

Back