Luxury manicure - how long does it take you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

JessicaL

Reaction score
Hi, the salon I work at books out 40 minutes for a luxury manicure, I just don’t feel this is long enough and always feel rushed! Wondering whether to bring it up and see if they will extend the timing, I wondered how long everyone else books out for a luxury manicure with polish please?

Routine is..
File
Cuticles
Scrub & then remove with hot mitts
Masque with heated mitts then remove with hot mitts
Massage
Wipe over nails, buff if required
Paint
Spray with OPI setting spray

I just feel so rushed and I’ve been doing nails 12 years so not a newbie! We get 40 minutes if it’s normal polish and 50 minutes if it’s with gel polish. Thanks x

Lizziefin

Reaction score
I would allow 1 hour 15 mins. 40 mins is far too rushed for you

RosieR

Reaction score
Far to fast to be a "luxury" manicure. The whole idea of a luxury manicure is pamper time. I wouldn't go anywhere where I felt rushed and it's a shame that you are in a mad panic with timings.

tog

Reaction score
I usually take around an hour, sometimes slightly longer.
The last time I had to do a mani in double quick time like you do was in college many years ago, in 30 mins, to pass the end of year City and Guilds exam! And vowed that if I worked for myself I would never do it as quickly, ever. Far too much of a rush job.

Gmarie24

Reaction score
Hi, the salon I work at books out 40 minutes for a luxury manicure, I just don’t feel this is long enough and always feel rushed! Wondering whether to bring it up and see if they will extend the timing, I wondered how long everyone else books out for a luxury manicure with polish please?

Routine is..
File
Cuticles
Scrub & then remove with hot mitts
Masque with heated mitts then remove with hot mitts
Massage
Wipe over nails, buff if required
Paint
Spray with OPI setting spray

I just feel so rushed and I’ve been doing nails 12 years so not a newbie! We get 40 minutes if it’s normal polish and 50 minutes if it’s with gel polish. Thanks x

We have 45 minutes for a normal manicure. A luxury mani is like an hour and 15 but usually takes an hour. They definitely have their timings all wrong.

GlitterPink

Reaction score
Hi All, talking about how long it takes to do things... I did my first client pedicure the other day and although we were talking and I had to stop her little one from messing with my equipment, it took 2 hours. I did give a foot massage and did use gel polish... Do you think that would be an acceptable time to take?

Gmarie24

Reaction score
A pedicure normal or gel should never exceed 1 hour. What is it that’s taking the time?

GlitterPink

Reaction score
I was really worried of hurting her. I cannot get to grips with the cuticle nippers. They scare me... Also having limited mobility I had to have a couple of breaks to allow me to move around. I have had a stroke so my left hand is much more limited in movement - I'm hoping that the more I do, the better it will be and I will get quicker. Also she hadn't had a pedicure for over a year. They all sound like lame excuses but I'm being honest x

Gmarie24

Reaction score
I was really worried of hurting her. I cannot get to grips with the cuticle nippers. They scare me... Also having limited mobility I had to have a couple of breaks to allow me to move around. I have had a stroke so my left hand is much more limited in movement - I'm hoping that the more I do, the better it will be and I will get quicker. Also she hadn't had a pedicure for over a year. They all sound like lame excuses but I'm being honest x
Okay well the movement issue makes sense as to why it may take longer. Make sure will the clippers you only really remove whatever is on the nail plate don’t actually cut the cuticle off until you get more confident.

GlitterPink

Reaction score
I only take of the white bits but if that is close to healthy skin, it makes me nervous 😓 x

Latest posts