Luxury pedicure help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
Hi, I am newly starting out, i havent done a pedicure really since college, a few months ago.
I am offering manicures and pedicures. But rather than a basic and lux i just done 1 of each and inc a heat treatment (mitts or booties).

Mainly with the pedicure im not sure:

Pedicure ~ Toe nails & cuticles are tidied, feet are ex-foliated & hard skin removed. A rich moisturizer will be applied then encased in heated booties, A nail polish of your choice with then be applied.

Should i be including a mask?

Thanks

If you're classing it as luxury ped then I would include mask x

No that's fine wot ur doing! That's quite a luxury pedicure really... I only do 1 type of pedicure which includes Cutical removal, nails filed, exfoliate hard skin removed and then foot massage then polish. I also offer just a file and polish on toes which is quite popular if people just want the colour on!!

- A mask, wrap in cling film, leave for approx 10 mins
- Apply rich moisturizer, heated booties
- Paraffin wax

So i thought the booties are nice a simply and not at all messy, but then i thought what about the mask as, would i do a mask, remove, then apply moisturizer then booties?? I thought maybe the 2 would be abit silly.

Also what product brand are people using?

Do you think its unprofessional iv just kind of done it this way?

Also im quite happy to ask the client if they would like and do a little massage. A few friends i done in college didn't like it, (not my massage, just in general) lol

anyone else please?

- A mask, wrap in cling film, leave for approx 10 mins
- Apply rich moisturizer, heated booties
- Paraffin wax

So i thought the booties are nice a simply and not at all messy, but then i thought what about the mask as, would i do a mask, remove, then apply moisturizer then booties?? I thought maybe the 2 would be abit silly.

Also what product brand are people using?

Do you think its unprofessional iv just kind of done it this way?

Hi Emma,

I've just finished college too and we did exactly the same treatments...I think thats pretty much standard unless you also add a luxury foot scrub too.

For my pedicures I usually offer 3 options:

Quick Pedi - file, cuticle work, moisturiser and paint
Standard Pedi - file, cuticle work, soak + scrub, massage and paint
Luxury Pedi - file, cuticle work, soak, scrub, paraffin/mask + booties, massage and paint

I also offer a callus peel for a bit extra on top of each pedicure price or on its own.

Personally I have always been under the impression that, as in a standard manicure, a massage is part of the pedicure routine? I presume you were taught to massage during your course?? Correct me if i'm wrong though!

I offer 3 tiers of service.

Essential Pedi - Dry pedicure - footfile around hard skin, toenail shape, cuticle work and polish.

Signature - Real focus on hard skin areas (sometimes using softening cream first), foot soak, foot exfoliation, lower limb massage and polish.

Luxury - As above but including foot masque in heated bootees for 15 minutes while performing a hand and arm massage.

Elaine x

I offer 3 tiers of service.

Essential Pedi - Dry pedicure - footfile around hard skin, toenail shape, cuticle work and polish.

Signature - Real focus on hard skin areas (sometimes using softening cream first), foot soak, foot exfoliation, lower limb massage and polish.

Luxury - As above but including foot masque in heated bootees for 15 minutes while performing a hand and arm massage.

Elaine x

They sound wonderful! And your Lux Pedi sounds divine! Do you then rinse off the masque after the booties as I've found that it can often leave 'residue'?

I do 3 types too

Quick, which is a dry, standard soak, exfoliate etc and luxury

Hi, I am newly starting out, i havent done a pedicure really since college, a few months ago.
I am offering manicures and pedicures. But rather than a basic and lux i just done 1 of each and inc a heat treatment (mitts or booties).

Mainly with the pedicure im not sure:

Pedicure ~ Toe nails & cuticles are tidied, feet are ex-foliated & hard skin removed. A rich moisturizer will be applied then encased in heated booties, A nail polish of your choice with then be applied.

Should i be including a mask?

Thanks

I get masque for my heated mitts and booties. Any that is left over on th skin, once removing the mitts or booties I include a nice massage, and massage the rest in.

My Luxury pedi is....

Nail file and shape
Bubble footspa and soak for 10-15 minutes
Cuticle tidy
Foot scrub and file, remove hard skin
Foot masque and Heated booties
Foot and lower leg massage
Cuticle oil
O.P.I Polish

My Luxury pedi is....

Nail file and shape
Bubble footspa and soak for 10-15 minutes
Cuticle tidy
Foot scrub and file, remove hard skin
Foot masque and Heated booties
Foot and lower leg massage
Cuticle oil
O.P.I Polish

If you were applying gel polish would you do it after cuticle work or do it last. Would you soak with gels. I never soaked in the spa i worked in when doing gels as it expands the nail plate, but other therapist on the forum are saying it fine as you only soak for s few minutes. Other therapists have done gels at the very end of their routine while other have soaked, done cuticle work, hard skin then applied gels. Then massage, mask and heated booties. Now unsure what is the best procedure for luxury pedicure with gels. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

I don’t do a regular/express anymore, nobody wants it. All or nothing.

Hygiene spray
Apply cuticle remover
Hard skin rasp (they love seeing it come off)
Exfoliate (always better dry)
Soak
Apply mask avoiding toenails
Do cuticles while mask is on
Acetone toenails
Remove mask with mitt
By this time toenails are dry enough for gel prep.
I do cuticle oil and foot and leg massage after gel.

I’ve had some stinkers in my time so i always soak or insist on it if they need it and wear 2 masks to cover the smell. Gel doesn’t stick to moist toe gunk anymore than water. If they are really smelly i soak first but if they are bearable i do like exfoliation dry as gives a better result and you only have to soak once rather than before and after exfoliating to save time.

I was taught to do your gel polish first and then proceed to your spa products!

They sound wonderful! And your Lux Pedi sounds divine! Do you then rinse off the masque after the booties as I've found that it can often leave 'residue'?
I usually use steam towels to remove mask. That's how I was taught in school and I think clients especially like it. Also, usually by the time the mask has set, the water in the pedicure bath is cold and not very enjoyable.

Latest posts

Back